GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Recommendations for Power windows, door locks/keyless entry

Hi everybody, first time poster here. i have a 2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 WT with the LS chrome package. I didn't think that i would miss my power windows/door locks/keyless entry that i had on my Jeep Liberty before and was wanting to save a little on the sticker price so i opted to get one without. Should have thought about that a little longer. well it has almost been a year and i'm going to go ahead and get them installed.

i have been searching the internet for parts/kits adn whatnot, but really don't know if brand X is good or should i go with brand Z? If any of you could give me an idea of what parts i might consider looking at that would be a tremendous help.

This is the kit for the power door locks/keyless entry/alarm kit. It does not have a lot of bells and whistles, i really don't need a lot, just as long as i can unlock my doors with a keyfob and lock them inside with the switch inside it.

and this is the window kit.

if you know of any other that might be of better quality, or just which parts/kits are better please let me know. thank you all

Welcome to the site! I also have a 1500 WT with the LS chrome package; however, mine came with power locks and keyless entry...I would like to get power windows installed though. Let me know how they are once you get them installed.

Bobby - North Carolina
    2008 4x4 5.3L V8
    6" Suspension Lift and 1.5" Body Lift
    20x9 Ballistic Jesters w/35" Toyo Open Country MT's & 1.5" rear wheel spacers
    4:56 Yukon Gears
    Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator
    Baja style bed mount spare tire carrier
    Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust
    Recon Smoked LED tails/3rd brake lights/black projectors w/switchback LED's in the corners
    N-Fab Nerf Steps
    K&N CAI
    No Fear Pedals
    Tint, Line-X bedliner, Window visors, Rear wheel well liners
    Painted front grill, bow ties and door badges, de-"lettered" tailgate
    Powder coated front and rear bumpers

Legend
    Blog Entries

Hi, and welcome to the site!
    Eddie , 2000 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (old style)

Welcome to the site!
    Scott

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

'94 Chevy Suburban K1500
    3" exhaust w/ aero turbine non-baffled muffler
    CFM Technologies TB spacer
    CB w/ 44" whip antenna

Welcome to the forum!
    If you find yourself slipping,.....tie a knot.....hold on tight

Black
    2008 silverado
    1500 crew cab
    5.3 L 4x4
    Borla exhaust, rbp black tip
    tint, bed liner
    2.25 in ready lift leveling kit
    18x9 rbp 94r
    33x12.5x18 toyo mts

so i finally got them installed. didn't get the parts i mentioned above and just had a shop locally put them in for me. the window parts they used were a SPAL deluxe kit with switches from AEW. never heard of AEW, but they seem to be working fine. the only downside is that the guy who did it was either in a big hurry or got his left and right mixed up cause he placed the switches towards the rear of the armrest. i had to reach back to roll them up/down.

they were almost unusable because you would have to break your arm just to roll it down. not to mention they look cheap and bulky, not to my liking and really didn't look like what i was shown when i started inquiring about them. so i took my invoice and did a google search for the switches and found AEW's website and a catalog of products. they had a type of switch that i was looking at from the start. they are the push pull type switches similar to what is in the silverado's with power windows.

so now i have the switches that i want and in the place where i want them and now i am left with this!

i ordered some bed stake hole covers to pop in to cover the holes and the site that was selling them gave me the dimensions but when i got them they were not large enough to cover it, needed about a half inch more to fully cover the hole. i talked to the shop that put it in and they said that they could get a hole plug/patch panel or something that would pop in there for me but they haven't gotten back to me after calling a couple times. i am through dealing with them. so other than buying new door panels, which will be a last resort, can anyone think of somehting that i could drop in there to either cover it orhave a little pocket or something. i'ved called about three salvage yards around here and they don't have any 07-10 silverado work trucks. was hoping i could pick up a panel for cheap from them.

well if anyone has a creative suggestion, i'm all ears.

thanks all

Welcome to the GMTruckClub!

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Man, if I were you I would raise hell. That's just unacceptable. The only thing I can think of is to bring it to an interior shop and see if they could make something cover the holes that would look good.
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors