GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by ippielb View Post
    For the tahoe, there is a big black container ....
    Are you talking about the brake booster? There's no brake fluid in there...
    When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses not zebras.

Yeah, but that big fat hose that connects to it is full of good ol' vacuum that will pull that SeaFoam into the intake manifold and clean the heck out of all the interior surfaces it can get to. And then, hopefully, the engine will run so much better (according to the website).
    The Cheap-*ss Modder & Thread Killer
    The Realist says, "The glass is too big".

2013 GMC Sierra 1500 SLT Z60 4WD Crew Cab
    Mineral Green Metallic w/ Tan Leather Interior
    5.3 L FLEX w/AFM, 6A, Cheap-*ss Mods
    32 Dump Club Member
    Range V8 AFM Eliminator

From what I've heard, there are three ways to use Seafoam - In the fuel tank, in the intake manifold (i.e. vacuum lines), or in the oil. I've put it in my brake booster line and in my gas tank before, but I'm skeptical about putting it in my oil. Thoughts on this?

Master Mechanic Silverado Junkie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by egreg View Post
    From what I've heard, there are three ways to use Seafoam - In the fuel tank, in the intake manifold (i.e. vacuum lines), or in the oil. I've put it in my brake booster line and in my gas tank before, but I'm skeptical about putting it in my oil. Thoughts on this?
    Im like you man, ive used it in my vacuum line and fuel but never in my oil. Its supposed to clean out sludge but whwo knows if it really does.
    1995 Silverado,Z71, 3-inch lift,2-inch leveling kit, SkyJacker Suspension, short ram-air intake, throttle body spacer, MSD ignition coil, straight pipes

ive put it in my oil about half a can and havent had any problems I put it in and then drive a day or two and then change the oil no problems ata ll.

Legend
    Blog Entries

I havent tired it in my oil i will be next oil change.. I still love the stuff.. Put it into my 98 Vortec today and wow the pretty clouds....
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Sr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Farmerdave View Post
    Ya I couldnt tell you without seeing a picture of your engine bay or looking at it!

It is the 2004 tahoe with the 5.3 Vortec engine. I have no pic's of it. Anyone with one please chime in. I am going to take a look at the single hose. I do believe it is the right one.

Jr. Mechanic

If you are looking at the brake booster and resivor while standing at the front of the vehicle it should be on the left side of the brake booster its a grey/white plastic 90 degree elbow and a 1/2 or 3/4 inch black hose on it that runs towards the back of the engine. If your not completely sure pull it off while truck is running and see if it has vacuum. As for how to use sea foam I put it in the fuel, in the brake boost vacuum line and then in the oil about 100 miles before I change the oil. When I first bought the truck it had 41K on it and I put it in the oil and a decent amount of black sludge like material came out. Truck idles smoother no more gm lifter tic when cold starting in the mourning and better throttle response I also cleaned the MAF which made a noticeable difference.

07 NBS Crew cab SLT 4x4

Sr. Apprentice

I have been using it for years... put it all my engines. Bike, Boat, Truck, and lawn mower. I have never put it in my oil however or in a vacuum line ..... I will try it in my vacuum line next chance I get. Best stuff since Marvelous Mystery Oil.
    Dan Westphal
    2001 Silverado Ext Cab 2wd
    Patriot Guard Rider of North Texas

Sr. Apprentice

Seafoam is great stuff. I have used it in every car I own. I do the same as some of the others with Seafoam in the oil. Add it, drive it for a short time, change the oil. I have also used their tranny cleaner. Great stuff also. I did the same as with the oil, add a little, run it then change it. I have never been disappointed. I would recommend it to anyone. I even use it in my lawn mower and weed whip.
    02 Chev Trailblazer
    72 Chev Corvette

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... Last Post byLast Post by