GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Folks........ It's greater than 99.5% Naphtha.......... you know...... Coleman fuel. It also contains less than .5% "proprietary organic compounds". Most likely Blue dye since it's blue.

Did it to my 03 1500 5.3 today after I put a bottle in my 3/4 full gas tank yesterday. Already notice a differance. The smoke cleared up after about 45 seconds. I also shut it off and let it sit for 20 minutes. I'm now a firm believer, will do it every year from here on out. Great advice!

I had a buddy of mine that had a 91 1/2ton with the 700r4 and the tranny was going out of it. It wouldn't go in reverse or first gear. He started dumping seafoam in it and it would run fine for a couple of months. When it would start acting up he would simply add more. Finally the tranny went out of it but not for a year later. I don't recommend doing that but if you are in a bind, seafoam will usually bail you out for awhile. I use it and haven't seen any reasons not too yet.

This seafoam stuff defenitely sounds like something I need to try on my 1990 5.7L 350CI truck....it sat for 7 years without being driven ( 4yrs once, 3yrs after being driven 10,000miles or so) I have been using over the counter at my local gas station STP fuel treatment and a little diesel for my engine oil before changes. Maybe this Seafoam stuff will finally knock all the crud out of the truck

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

One question about this seafoam....if it gets rid of all the crud, does it not clog every filter and sensor on the vehicle???? Just a pre-caution question.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Depends on the treatment. But for the most part no. When you put it in your oil that is why it is reccomeneded to put it in 100-200 miles before you change your oil.
    Also it is designed to break the stuff down so it doesnt plug everything. When you do a top end treatment it is breaking down the carbon etc and pulling it in and out of the combustion chamber there will be a bit of build up on the plugs that burns off on the first drive you take with it. Otherwise i havent seen any negative effects of the stuff, after tearing the engine down when using the stuff...
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

If I put seafoam in my gas tank when i filled up, will the truck smoke until I burn all that gas out of there? I couldn't get it to smoke very good earlier this morning. But now it is smoking good. when does this stuff burn out?

Legend
    Blog Entries

It wont smoke if you put it into the gas tank. it will only smoke when you run it in thru the brake booster line (suck it in at about 1500RPMs).. And you need to let the truck sit for 1-2 hours (not running)after you have out 1/3 to 1/2 a can down the brake booster vacumm line. Then start the truck up and take it on a 10 mile or so drive. Dont be afraid to stomp on the throttle to blow the stuff out. and some smoke on start up may happen for a while as carbon deposits and other crap will work loose over time.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

I put one can in my gas tank when I filled up this morning. Then I put half a can in the oil and the other was sucked up through brake booster. I waited about an hour to an hour and thirty min. I drove it about 16-18 miles and was not very gentle at all with it. I followed the recommendations from all you guys on here. I definitely seems to be idling smoother. still having trouble with the switching gears and stalling out thing when going from P to D or R.....but that is a whole other post.

Quote Originally Posted by silleffej View Post
    I put one can in my gas tank when I filled up this morning. Then I put half a can in the oil and the other was sucked up through brake booster. I waited about an hour to an hour and thirty min. I drove it about 16-18 miles and was not very gentle at all with it. I followed the recommendations from all you guys on here. I definitely seems to be idling smoother. still having trouble with the switching gears and stalling out thing when going from P to D or R.....but that is a whole other post.
    You want to change your oil in the next 200 miles or so. That Seafoam will loosen all kinds of junk inside your engine.
    When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses not zebras.

Quote Originally Posted by 2COR517 View Post
    You want to change your oil in the next 200 miles or so. That Seafoam will loosen all kinds of junk inside your engine.
    yep, I am going to change oil after this gas tank. Thanks!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast