GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 Last Post byLast Post by

Cant explain how it works but i use it in the Vaccum lines & in my gas tank too. it's an awesome product .

Mack
    94 GMC 2500 LWB : 350 4L60E Tranny 3:42 ratio rear end Homemade Headache Rack with rails,soon to have A/C WORKING & Windows tinted & soon to have Flowmaster w/ Echo tips.

hey guys...im thinking about doing this to my 03 chevy 1500 4.8L this spring...but i hear somewhere after running it thru the motor you need to change ur spark plugs afterwards?...i just changed them 1500 miles ago...is that true?...and after running it thru the gas tank you need to change your fuel filter??...i wanna do this to my truck if i dont need to do that...the trucks got 129k on it now?...what is the proper way of doing it to my truck?

2009 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 LT Z71 Crew Cab "All-Star Edition"

Line-X'd Bed
    Line-X'd Custom Brush Guard(Heavy Duty)
    5.3L Flex Fuel
    275/65R18 Toyo Open Country AT2's
    2" Rough Country Leveling Kit(want to get the 2.5 RC kit)
    EGR In-Channel Vent Visors
    Exterior PLUS Package
    Interior PLUS Package
    K&N Drop-In Air Filter
    ProFlaps
    Cat-Back Dual Exhaust
    Black Bowties
    Diablo Sport Predator(AFM Disabled)
    ProFlaps
    Towing Mirrors
    Next Planned Mods
    Blacked out Tail Lights
    Aftermarket Rims

Quote Originally Posted by ChevyBoy2003 View Post
    hey guys...im thinking about doing this to my 03 chevy 1500 4.8L this spring...but i hear somewhere after running it thru the motor you need to change ur spark plugs afterwards?...i just changed them 1500 miles ago...is that true?...and after running it thru the gas tank you need to change your fuel filter??...i wanna do this to my truck if i dont need to do that...the trucks got 129k on it now?...what is the proper way of doing it to my truck?
    I love the stuff. I do it every 5000 miles or so on my 2004 4.8l. It's got just under 180,000 and I've never had any problems with spark plugs or the fuel filter.

2010 OEM 20" Wheels
    Color-matched mirror covers and emblem
    20% tinted windows - 6" eyebrow
    Black rear fender-wells
    Completely debadged and demolded
    Duramax airbox replacement w/ K&N filter
    2" Rear drop shackle
    Tailgate light bar
    Flowmaster Delta 50 w/ double tip exits
    Blue footwell lighting
    12" Pioneer Sub (custom downfire box) 850W amp
    Full LED interior

I will be putting some in my truck tomorrow. Hope she likes it. Probably gonna suck it up through the brake booster line and put some in the gas tank. Do need to run some in my outboard but thats a different day.

If at first you don't succeed, get a bigger cheater bar.

Current:
    1999 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 | 5.3 "Vortec" | Spectre "Cold Air Intake" | TransDapt TBS | Hypertech 30005 Tune | 2005 Chevy Tail Lights | Denali headlights | Grill Mounted Fog Lights | AWS Bug Shield | 265/70/16 Futura Scramblers | Boss HD Speakers | 2005 Overhead Console | Flowmaster Super 40 mufflers 2N1O | Mostly stock-ish
    Future:
    Bigger Amp Alternator | Electric Fans | Transmission Fluid cooler | Paint (Halfway there)| Interior Restoration/Upgrade with newer model parts | Window Visors (In channel) | Tint | Low-Profile Tool Box | LEDs throughout stock cab locations (68% Done) | And whatever is spurr of the moment
    CVN-69 "IKE-ATRAZ" AIR/V-2 Gear Dawgs

i will prolly do it to my truck then if i dont have to do spark plugs afterwards(i just did my plugs and wires)....how much do i put thru the brake booster line and what is the procedure for doing it?...like what rpm,do it when the motor is warm,how much,etc.

I add 16oz of sea foam to my motor oil then drive it around 20-30 min then change oil it works great in my 85 m-1028 diesel it keeps the 6.2 running great.
    1998 SURBURBAN LT FULLYLOADED 6 INCH LIFT AND 35 INCH MUDDERS-1985 M-1028 MILITARY TRUCK UNDER 38 K MILES NO RUST OR DENTS RUNS LIKE NEW.2004 XL-1200R 1 OF 7 MADE BY HARLEY WITH 100 HP-1977 XL-1000 NAMED PAW PAW..We own only 4x4s dont know why just turned out that way the other 2 aint chevy so i wont list.1987 MONTE CARLO SS 555 CI BIGBLOCK 675 HP 700 QT BUILT BY DOUG HERBERT IN NC.

I did mine last week through the brake booster line. I slowly poured the whole can in while working the throttle cable. After the can was in, I shut it off, re-connected the line to the brake booster and let it sit for about 15 minutes, then fired it up and watched it smoke like my mother-in-law for about 10 minutes. It is also good at helping you locate any exhaust leaks! Smoke will come out of every leak you have for about 10 minutes!
    "It went together didn't it? Well then there has to be a way to take it apart!" - Me.

Check out my image gallery HERE.

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good." ~Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

Quote Originally Posted by moogvo View Post
    I did mine last week through the brake booster line. I slowly poured the whole can in while working the throttle cable. After the can was in, I shut it off, re-connected the line to the brake booster and let it sit for about 15 minutes, then fired it up and watched it smoke like my mother-in-law for about 10 minutes. It is also good at helping you locate any exhaust leaks! Smoke will come out of every leak you have for about 10 minutes!
    I ran half a can thru my brake booster vacuum line today and a can in the tank. What a difference!!! My rough idle is gone. My wife actually asked me what I did because it is running so smooth at 148,000. Then she asked me to do it to her torrent which has 55k. I am thinking about adding it to the oil before the next change, but I am scared! They guy that owned it did no maintenance to it. I really don't want to see the clumps of crap come out of it. I am actually considering calling the kid I sold my 02 silverado to and telling him that I will change his oil for free if he lets me put SF in it. I only ran Royal purple (got it free) and Mobile one in it since I drove it off the lot. I would be curious to see what comes out of that motor.

1995 Silverado 4x4
    6" BDS Suspension Lift-3" Body Lift-Add A Leaf in rear -Trailmaster SSV Shocks-Duel Steering Stabilizer Kit -AirAid Cold air intake-
    4.56 Gears with Detroit Auburn Locker-Pro-Comp Traction Bars with duel shocks-Aluminum Skid Plate Kit-38.5" x 16.5" Mickey Thompson Baja Claws-Constant Dropping fuel gauge

2005 Yukon XL Jet Power Programmer, Bilstein Shocks, Bilstein rear springs, Helwig Anti-sway bars, EGR Window Visors, EGR Hood Shield, Denali Headlights, Headlight harness upgrade, GE NightHawk Bulbs, White Night Rear lighting system, Russell Braided SS brake lines, PowerStop Brake pads, PowerStop cross drilled and Slotted Rotors, http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...5-GMC-Yukon-XL
    2002 Silverado ext cab 2wd (Sold)
    2003 Yukon XL (Totaled)

Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    I really don't want to see the clumps of crap come out of it.
    Better to see it all come out than wonder what is inside! ;)

Just to note, but when you do it, you're suppose to dump enough in the booster line to kill the truck completely, and then let it sit. Don't let it sit too long(overnight) as it dries seals.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 Last Post byLast Post by