GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default advice on 1988 stereo setup

im pretty set on hifonics.com subs, amps and componet speakers due to ive had them in all my cars and havent heard anything with better quality, but im stuck on what head unit i should get. ive got a single cab 88 silverado. dont know what all you can do, or what would be best. i would like to do a flip out screen for cheap, but id want a good one. or just a really nice cd player thats ipod capable. any ideas on what route youd suggest?

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I would stick with a Alpine or Kenwood for flipouts. Something with a 4-5 volt rca output..Are you going with Nav?
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    I would stick with a Alpine or Kenwood for flipouts. Something with a 4-5 volt rca output..Are you going with Nav?
    naw i got nav on my cell phone, what unit specifically would you say? and maybe a price, im open to all options really, just want something nice, thats not from walmart lol

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I know Kenwwod has a unit in the 499.00 range that is nice no high volt out but nice.. I think it's the KVT-516 it does have 3 sets of RCA's and a good touch screen...The better one would be the Excelon From Kenwood model KVT-696 A sweet unit...

Check out http://www.kenwoodusa.com/Car_Entert..._Video/KVT-696

For more info..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X