Results 1 to 3 of 3
06-15-2010, 10:47 PM #1
- Join Date
- Jun 2010
programming keyless entry on a 98 truck
Does anyone know how to program a new keyfob for a 98 chevy truck? i bought a new one but the dealership wants 50 dollars to do it, I heard it can be done by me, but i have no clue on where to start, Thanks.
06-15-2010, 10:55 PM #2
If you don't get an answer here, get on ebay and email a seller who sells that model fob. Tell them you lost your instructions and are wondering if they could send you a copy.2010 Equinox LT
2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.
1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors
06-16-2010, 12:32 AM #3
Hope this works
IMPORTANT: Before entering programming mode, have in possession all of the transmitters you will be using on the vehicle. Once you program the transmitter, all previous codes will be erased from the memory. The other transmitters will not be functional until you program the transmitters again.
1. Close all vehicle doors.
2. Insert the key into the ignition.
3. Hold down the power UNLOCK button on the driver�s door panel-continue to hold down until instructed to release.
4. Perform steps 5 through 8 in fairly rapid succession.
5. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position (as far as you can go without starting the engine).
6. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
7. Turn the ignition switch to the ON position.
8. Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position.
9. Release the power unlock button on the door panel. The vehicle will lock and unlock the doors automatically.
10. Hold down the LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on the transmitter simultaneously until the door locks and unlocks. This step may take up to 30 seconds.
11. Repeat the previous step for each additional transmitter (including any existing transmitters)."U call we haul U bitch we unhitch.''
"Gear grindin, Tire burnin, Diesel smoke blowin. Truck Driver."
| Pycho Kenny..... |||""'|""\__,_
| _____________ l||__|__|__|)
By optimummaximum in forum Chevy SUV & Crossover Tech ForumReplies: 1Last: 08-17-2010, 11:47 AM
By skinnerchief in forum Chevy Keyless Entry RemotesReplies: 4Last: 01-18-2008, 07:25 PM
By Deerhunter22 in forum General Chevy & GM Tech QuestionsReplies: 1Last: 12-10-2007, 06:19 AM
By TomsHHR in forum Chevy Keyless Entry RemotesReplies: 0Last: 08-09-2007, 10:09 PM
By ChevyFan in forum Chevy Keyless Entry RemotesReplies: 0Last: 07-30-2007, 10:25 AM
Tags for this Thread