GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default What's your best store about driving a jimmy/blazer

Lets here your best stores.

I was out trying to get stuck one day just for fun but my 97 jimmy sle never hesatated to go through everything I put at it

My best store?

We went camping in a buddy's 1978 Blazer with the 1/2 top off. He decided that he wanted to drive through a small lake. Anyhow, after being underwater for about 30 minutes, we pulled him out and he pulled his plugs and let water drain out of the engine block. Started it up two days later and we drove home.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

I was driving my friends Jimmy home while he was dropin a new 350 in my blazer. He had recently put new tires and wheels on it and they were just a bit to big. On my way home i noticed that it was vibrating a bit but thought it was just the tires rubbin.
    Come to find out after i hit 95mph on the free way that the lugs were not as tight as they should be. Mainly on the front driver side.
    When i felt the front of the Jimmy lift and saw a tire that looked similar to the ones on the Jimmy fly in front of me i realized there might be a problem.
    I steared slowly off onto the shoulder (i figured dirt is better than asphault) and hit the brakes. I dug the roater into the ground up to the bumper.
    It was fun but I dont recomend trying it for yer self.

Do what makes you feel good. :biggrin:

Shane from Utah

1994 Chevy Suburban (2500/454)
    118,000 MI.

Quote Originally Posted by griffon View Post
    I was driving my friends Jimmy home while he was dropin a new 350 in my blazer. He had recently put new tires and wheels on it and they were just a bit to big. On my way home i noticed that it was vibrating a bit but thought it was just the tires rubbin.
    Come to find out after i hit 95mph on the free way that the lugs were not as tight as they should be. Mainly on the front driver side.
    When i felt the front of the Jimmy lift and saw a tire that looked similar to the ones on the Jimmy fly in front of me i realized there might be a problem.
    I steared slowly off onto the shoulder (i figured dirt is better than asphault) and hit the brakes. I dug the roater into the ground up to the bumper.
    It was fun but I dont recomend trying it for yer self.
    How big ar we talking about? Like 33" big or 38" big?

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    How big ar we talking about? Like 33" big or 38" big?
    If i remember correctly they were 35". Ifound the tire about 30 yards from the final resting place of the Jimmy

Do what makes you feel good. :biggrin:

Shane from Utah

1994 Chevy Suburban (2500/454)
    118,000 MI.

I borrowed my brothers brand new 1982 Blazer to take a girl out on a date. for some reason we ended up in a secluded part of the county off a dirt road. When leaving I didnt notice a deep ditch and ran the Blazer nose down in the ditch, after 3 hours of trying to get the Blazer out we finally gave-up and walked 6 miles to the nearest phone to get help.
    My other brother came to get us and pull the Blazer out of the ditch hopefully keeping my oldest brother in the dark about what I'd done with his 2 day old Blazer. When we arrived where the Blazer was we were greated by a lot of police, I tried to explain that I had accidentally gotten stuck in the ditch and it wasnt a big issue I really didnt need all their help, I just needed to pull the Blazer out of the ditch and we'd be on our way. They told me the Blazer was impounded and was material evidence in an attempted murder. My lightning fast intelligence kicked in and left me standing there stammering "what, excuse me, uh, what".
    I had left the keys in the Blazer when we walked, while we were gone two suspected car thiefs had come upon the blazer and decided to switch cars, they pulled the Blazer out of the ditch with their car and as they were leaving a County Sheriff came across them, they decided to run the Sheriff off the road, when their vehicles got tangled together and couldnt get separated they decided to shoot it out with the Sheriff, unfortunately for them lots of the Sherrifs friends with guns had all ready arrived on scene. My brothers new Blazer was totalled in the accident and suffered 17 bullet holes and 4 12ga shotgun holes.
    After 25 years he still wont lend me his vehicles.

I drove my son's '71 Blazer from Houston to Ft. Bragg for him when he was in Iraq (Desert Storm) and had to stop every few miles to fix electrical problems. Longest trip I've ever made! Finally had it towed when we got to Daytona Beach.

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Years ago, I cleaned the 75 Jimmy all up, popped the top, and was getting ready for the week end cruising, when my mom saw the "S*** Happens" bumper sticker on the roll bar. She took exception, I took it off.

Later that night, a few friends and I were out riding trails when we hit a pretty good bump. The girl in back bounced out of her seat and got her hair stuck on the sticker residue. After some laughs, some cussin', and a little hair pulling, she was free. Whenever I run into her, she always starts the conversation with "you remember that one day..."

1999 Chevy K2500 Suburban 350
    K&N, reworked cai, Thrush cat-backs
    Vinyl, cranks, floor shift, and rear air!