GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by
    Jr. Apprentice

Default Flowmaster or Magnaflow

im planning on buying this new 07 1500 z71, i wanna know what everyone's opinions for exhaust were, Magnaflow or Flowmaster, and out of those what are the loudest and best sounding as far as the specific series' they have, i have a flowmaster 40 series on the truck i have now and i think it sounds good but i want something louder for the new truck

Sr. Apprentice

I have an '08 2500HD,6.0,6spd.Iput a 70 series single on mine.It came with 3.5'' exhaust I think 40's are the loudest Flo-Masters.For loud go with Cherry Bombs.
    2008,2500 silverado,k-n filter,flowmaster 7o series muff. linex bedliner.

Jr. Apprentice

ya i thought the 40's were the loudest, i think i might stay with those, cherry bombs would sound good, but they are loud always, with the mufflers they are only loud like past 3k rpms not all the time, as far as like keeping it quiet around douche bag cops

Blog Entries

I've got an 05 with the 4.8 and a Flowmaster 40. I have a clip of what it sounded like when I first had it installed, but it sounds even better now.

I can get a better video tomorrow for ya.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Flowmaster for loudness. Magnaflow for performance. I have a dynomax race bullet on mine. I haven't had time to make a video yet. It's really loud, but once it gets to a certain RPM it quiets down. It was only $53 from summit racing. It's louder then most of the flowmasters I've heard.

Jr. Apprentice

hows the dynomax as far as performance? i think i paid 40 bucks for the flowmaster i got, it was only a 1 in 1 out tho

I haven't really paid that much attention to the performance, but its a straight through design. Its a 1 in 1 out which will give you better sound and performance. Its called the Dynomax Race Bullet. Its a total of 16 inches long. The actual muffler is 12 inches with 2 inches of piping on each side. I used to have a magnaflow, but it was to quiet for me.
    Bagged 06 Silverado Crew Cab.

ENJOY! my 07 with a flowmaster 40 series

-20% Window Tint
    -Flowmaster 40 Series Dual Exhaust
    -2.25" ReadyLIFT Leveling Kit
    -325/60R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers
    -18x9 Helo 835's
    -Pioneer AVH-p4200dvd Headunit

i used to have the original 40 series flowmaster. i changed it to the super 10 series. in the cabin the super 10 is not as loud when it's just at idle versus the 40 series. but when i floor it, you definitely hear the difference. you should look into the super 10's
    2K Bowtie Silverado xCab 5.3L
    7" Fabtech Suspension Lift + 3" Perf Acc. Body Lift
    K&N Air Intake + Edelbrock Shorty Ceramic Headers + Flowmaster Super 10 Series dumped after muffler!
    Bridgestone Dueler 285/75/16 on stock rims
    SSBC Slotted Rotors & Pads
    HID Driving & Fog Lights

(AR Bajas + ProComp 305/70/16) <-- seasonal set

Master Mechanic Silverado Junkie's Avatar

Flowmaster is definitaly better than magnaflow. They generally have a deeper, throatier sound.
    1995 Silverado,Z71, 3-inch lift,2-inch leveling kit, SkyJacker Suspension, short ram-air intake, throttle body spacer, MSD ignition coil, straight pipes

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by