GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Somebody explain crazy spring weather...please

Spring may have sprung, but that stubborn winter weather is still shaking things up as the white stuff is expected to make a very unwanted appearance.

Weather officials announced Sunday morning that a major snow storm that hit the US eastern coast was marching toward Ontario.

Although it likely won't have a significant impact on downtown Toronto, people can expect the roads to be a little slippery on Monday.

The storm has grounded several US airlines and about 300 flights into New York City have been cancelled.

Southern Quebec and eastern Ontario will get the brunt of the storm. Montreal could see about 20 centimetres of snow.

Single-digit temperatures, cold rain and flurries are expected in the early week, and there should be some of the white stuff in Toronto by Sunday night.

The GTA can expect a total accumulation of about two centimetres by midday Monday.

Sure, there won't be that much snow on the ground for long, but after an extended cold spell that's now set to reach well into the second half of April, the mere sight of the stuff is enough to bring a lot of people down.

Then again it could be much, much worse.

According to Environment Canada, parts of Ontario could have much more significant snow accumulation, as the storm to the south of the lower Great Lakes moves eastward.

In a special weather statement Sunday, the agency warned that the Niagara Peninsula and the Ottawa and Kingston regions could be hit with as much as five to 10 centimetres Sunday, and another five to 10 centimetres to start off the week.

Warmer temperatures are expected for much of Southern Ontario by the end of the week, but even four or five more days of winter weather is tough to stomach at this stage.

Part of the problem is that after an unseasonably warm December and January and record cold during the two months that followed, many of us not only expected spring to make a strong and early appearance, but needed it badly.

Unfortunately, it looks as if we'll all have to wait just a little bit longer.

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

It's been weird all over, probably due to the la Nina phenomenon. Today was more spring like down here. However, I remember even in the 1980's playing baseball in the end of April and getting snow up in Spokane, WA.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

I think everybody here can atest to weird winter weather this year(in all north america), thats for sure....I'm waiting patiently for warm weather