GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default tire and wheel help

I have an 02 silverado k1500. I was looking at a new set of rims for the summer, possibly winter. But with offset and backspacing I'm so lost. I wanted to get a set of 20's but I'm not sure what width I should be looking at. And then the tires, what size tire should I run them? I'm not really planning on lifting or lowering my truck, but lifting the front end to level it out isn't out of the question, but I'd rather not.

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 AM ----------

Ok so after looking at prices for leveling kits, for around 200 I will probably level it out. I wasn't sure how expensive they were, that was why I didn't want to do it.

---------- Post added at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 AM ----------

Ok so after looking at prices for leveling kits, for around 200 I will probably level it out. I wasn't sure how expensive they were, that was why I didn't want to do it.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

For 20in rims They should be between 9 - 9 1/2 wide.. Tire size GM Spec is 275/55/20's..
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

If you level it you can fit 305/55/20. I have 305/50/20, (because they are cheaper by half than the 55 series!) on 20 x 8.5 stock rims. the 50 series tires will fit without leveling. I have Pro Comp torsion keys and 3" blocks for the rear.

Adam

I love the look you have on your wheels/tires. If I level it and get a 20x9 wheel with 305/55-20 tire, I should get a similar look? Like I hate the look the stock GM 20's have, the tire is just like flat with the wheel, and it looks bland. I like the more aggressive look, where the tire like extends past the wheel and a decent bit of profile for a smooth ride.

So I should be good with a 20x9 wheel with 305/55-20. Is that tire a P or LT tire? I won't have to worry about backspacing or offset?

Also what would be the best way to level it? I saw the torsion keys on Summit racing for like 200 bucks.

305 tire should give you the look you want, I would go with no less than 20mm offset. I bought my torsion keys from stylin' concepts, are think they are on sale for around $115.

http://www.stylintrucks.com/parts.as...tfamilyid=5576