GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Apprentice

Default Opinion on JL W6

Whats your opinion on a 12" JL W6 with the JL 500/1 amp in a 96 silverado?
    Presently has a bazooka tube, but need to get that out, came with the truck thats why it was in there.

Nice idea, but I see a potential issue. First, all the W6 line of JL Audio subs require a decent amount of air space to operate well, 2.82 cubic feet for the 12W6v2. Do you have that much airspace to spare? Perhaps you could get away with a 10W6v2 which only requires 1.18 cubic feet of space, basically enough space to fit the basket and magnet into, which is at least 7 inches.

The amp will be a good match to either the 10W6 or the 12W6, both can RMS 600 watts easy.

Mull it over...
    Christopher

1991 Chevy Suburban 1/2 ton 2WD w/ chevy SBC 350-3/4 ton drivetrain upgrade w/4.10 gears 200K miles
    2005 Saturn ION-2 Stock 265K miles
    1982 Bronco, 1993 Bronco (sold), 1971 M35A2 Deuce and a Half

There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary, and those who dont...

Remember kids, the only difference between screwing around and science is writing it down- Adam Savage

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Great tight Sounding Sub and a Great Amp to go with it...But as said above.. If you have the room use it.. I've seen custom boxes with the W7 in the Center in that truck.. So it's all up to you and what and where you want to put it...

Good Luck and please post pics...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Jr. Apprentice

Yeah, the box is kinda big for a truck, but i plan on folding the back seat up since its just a hassle to have people ride back there anyways, and all i do is throw stuff back there anyways. But I am getting a deal on it. getting it all for 150 so its pretty tough to deny that. I will put up some pics once i get it installed. I just am not sure where I am going to mount the amp yet. I also plan on leaving enough slack so I can move the sub onto the seat in a pinch.