GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Yeah, I think that's the answer. I have DISH but I never have seen that message before. The LNBs really do draw power through the coax, but I've never seen it say "charging dish" before.

Hey, Jamie. I've got a question about the cable coming into my house. I have TWO cable boxes on the side of my house, what gives? I'm tempted to hook something up to them to see if anything is connected to them.
    Do both boxes look the same?

Jamie

2007 Ford E250(Work van) (Ya, Ya, shut up!)
    1996 GMC Sierra SLE 1500 5.7L/4L60E

Yeah, and both boxes have a 1 and 2 section to them with big letting saying that the homeowner is not to open section 1. However it's wide open, nothing keeping either box locked closed. Looks like the cable is coming up into one box, I'm not sure where the other box goes.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Post a pic of it close up so I can see it. Probably just sloppy installation. Rogers used to be in Texas at one point in time. They sold off and are now just Canadian company.

If door is unlocked, open door too for pictures.

ok, give me a minute to get the photos ... "oh where or where has by USB plug gone? Oh where, oh where can it be?"

Here they are (talk about thread hijacking --- sorry, don't give me any infractions please )
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails HPIM2552.jpg   HPIM2553.jpg   HPIM2554.jpg  

Here they are (talk about thread hijacking --- sorry, don't give me any infractions please )
    Looks to me like the house was rented to 2 couples? With 2 customer service enclosures. Everything coming coming out of that red poly pipe is from street box(live) The one with the splitter/filter in it looks live still. The box with 2 coax in it looks like its dead. If ya think its ugly remove the one thats empty(throw box out) BTW that inline filter could be a channel deletion filter or return(noise filter)
    Is that what you were looking for?

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Cableguy View Post
    Looks to me like the house was rented to 2 couples? With 2 customer service enclosures. Everything coming coming out of that red poly pipe is from street box(live) The one with the splitter/filter in it looks live still. The box with 2 coax in it looks like its dead. If ya think its ugly remove the one thats empty(throw box out) BTW that inline filter could be a channel deletion filter or return(noise filter)
    Is that what you were looking for?
    I can't believe they would put the filter in such an easily accessible location.
    I thought they put those at the splitter on the pole. Or is that what they want you to think?
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

Quote Originally Posted by TrailLeadr View Post
    I can't believe they would put the filter in such an easily accessible location.
    I thought they put those at the splitter on the pole. Or is that what they want you to think?
    That CSE is supposed to be locked. It is a FEDERAL OFFENCE to tamper with cable up here. I have followed thru on charges too

Well, that's how it was when I moved into the house! I swear!

I don't have cable so I was just wondering why I have two boxes. We've been in the house for like 15 months, so I don't know what was in there before we got in there. There is a very odd cable that runs across the house and enters into the dining room wall ... they drilled through brick to put that on in there with a box on the inside.

So the red one is live? I can take the over one out? I mean, it's on the side of my garage and that's what I park my trailer and I'm going to move my garbage cans out there, so it's not like it's an eyesore. Just wondering if any juice is coming though it or not.

Well, that's how it was when I moved into the house! I swear!

I don't have cable so I was just wondering why I have two boxes. We've been in the house for like 15 months, so I don't know what was in there before we got in there. There is a very odd cable that runs across the house and enters into the dining room wall ... they drilled through brick to put that on in there with a box on the inside.

So the red one is live? I can take the over one out? I mean, it's on the side of my garage and that's what I park my trailer and I'm going to move my garbage cans out there, so it's not like it's an eyesore. Just wondering if any juice is coming though it or not.
    Since someone was dumb enough to leave it open. Try a cable from there to a little TV for puttering in garage

7/16 wrench and Bob's your uncle...
    Last edited by Cableguy; 04-16-2007 at 02:30 PM.