GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default mud terrain tire

so guys its about another 2 months until i get my lift on my truck and i been looking for knew tiresand i got it narrowed down to three different tires. toyo mt, mickey thompsons mtz and dick cepek mud country. how do you guys find the tire on/offroad and how do you guys find them for road noise ect ect .....

Fabtech/Banks Ram Air |Fuel Off Road/ 315/70/17 duratracs |Hyper tech / Spencershids |
    Color Matched Bowtie |15% Tint on Front Windows|20% Tint on Back Windows

Chevy Ridin' High
    "Black rims are as cool as a boner at a swim meet"

Master Mechanic Silverado Junkie's Avatar

Never used any of those tires because im a cooper tires man, but my buddy has the mickey thompsons on his truck and they get good traction and dont make too much noise. They're about average for aggressive tires when it comes to noise.
    1995 Silverado,Z71, 3-inch lift,2-inch leveling kit, SkyJacker Suspension, short ram-air intake, throttle body spacer, MSD ignition coil, straight pipes

Toyo M/Ts. Rides better and last longer than the other two. The Mickeys and the Cepeks are made buy Cooper tire.

Jr. Mechanic

Did you check out coopers? I had cooper STT's on my Cummins and loved them. But from the ones you have go Toyo Buddy had some on his Powerstroke and put 50k on em.

07 NBS Crew cab SLT 4x4

dick cepeks are really good tires. great tread cleaning not too loud on the tar roads an loads of traction in mud. all around good tire in my opinion plus they look great!

It depends on what you are looking for. Do you want people to think you go off road but you only go 100miles off road for every 30k or are you an avid offroader? The Dick Cepek and Mickey's will provide great traction in the Mud, but at a cost of higher wear on road, balance issues after 3-5k miles(which doesnt matter off road), and More highway noise. I used to spend alot of time off road working for a logging company so I wanted the better traction, but I ran with Super Swamper Boggers, no traction on wet asphalt but hell on mud. The Toyo tires will probably last longer on the road due to their less aggresive design. Good Luck.
    "If orange juice had armpits, maybe."
    -the wife in reference to the smell of JOOSE

Sr. Apprentice

I'm on my 4th set of Parnelli Jones Dirt Grips....love em. They are totally balanced from the factory...last well and have nice road manners....not too loud till they get really worn and perform great off road. Check them out.

1998 Suburban K2500 4x4
    9" of Lift - 4.56's - Limited Slip
    37" Tires - Lot's of Mods