GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 1994 Suburban Solid Axle Conversion Leaf Springs ?????

I have a 1994 Sub 1500 4wd. My next project on this truck is a solid axle swap for the front and Dana 60 swap for the rear. I have a Dana 44 passenger side pumpkin out of a late 70's early 80's Dodge. I have most of the basic mumbo jumbo covered. My problem is finding donor leaf springs for the front. Any Ideas?

Legend
    Blog Entries

Hi, and welcome to the site! I hope someone will be able to help you with your question! Good Luck!
    Eddie , 2000 Chevy Tahoe Z71 (old style)

are you gettin a kit for your truck to swap it in or what cuz some have recommendations with the kit, if you are fabbin it up go with the dodge's leafs or just go with the 87-91 suburbans leafs? it think thats what i saw to do

2000 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4

6.0L v8:great: 4L80E

2.5 in Daystar leveling keys

285/75/16s BFG ATs on HD wheels

Cab lights and tool box

I always like the earlier Chevy 60" leafs, long and flexible for some serious suspension twisting.

What donor vehicle would I find these springs in? And by chance do you know if the pin is centered or not? Thanks for all the help
    Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    I always like the earlier Chevy 60" leafs, long and flexible for some serious suspension twisting.

---------- Post added at 06:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:58 PM ----------

No I am not getting a kit. I have a buddy who did this swap into and S-10 and he is helping me out with most of it but I need to find the right springs. The dodge springs were too sagged and would put my front axle too far back. He used Dakota springs which surprisingly have a larger capacity than my factory rear springs. My problem mostly is getting a spring with the pin a location that locate my front diff correctly.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2wheelmudder View Post
    are you gettin a kit for your truck to swap it in or what cuz some have recommendations with the kit, if you are fabbin it up go with the dodge's leafs or just go with the 87-91 suburbans leafs? it think thats what i saw to do

Early 90's model 1/2 ton GM trucks, 3/4 ton springs are a little shorter and stiffer but work well also.
    If I remember correctly the pins are about 3" back from center, but these springs can be run forwards or backwards without any issues.
    Once you settle on the springs you want to use you can set your pin position by moving your frame shackle mounts.
    I prefer setting the axle forward a few inches, trim the front fender and bumper for tire clearance and get a better angle of approach.

I just did a SAS on my 95 Burb using skyjacker 52" soft-rides.

I did a 79 HP Dana 60 front and 14B FF rear both fully rebuilt with 5.13 gears and ARB lockers and running 40" Good Year MT/rs.

My build thread has tons of step by step pics:
    http://bb.bc4x4.com/showthread.php?1...-CRUISER-BUILD

Cheers!

You might want to reconsider the Dodge axles. Pretty sure the width of the spring perches is different than Chevy. Also, a 10 bolt front is easier to set up than a Dana44. What are you planning to use for a transfer case? Your Sub has a drivers side drop NP241.
    When you hear hoofbeats, look for horses not zebras.

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I think I've seen a few people use the 44's out of a International Scout. And the springs from a custom shop..There are a few here in NJ
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Welcome to the site!
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast