GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: 80k maintenance

Default 80k maintenance

Guys, can I get some advice on recommended 80K maintenance on an 05 silverado 1500. Other than regular oil changes and a radiator flush at 75k nothing else has been done.
    I am considering tranny and transfer case flush and power steering flush. Is anything else a good idea? tune up, brake flush, etc?

Thanks.

Master Mechanic Silverado Junkie's Avatar

Besides your radiator flush because you did it recently, I would change the oil, front and rear diff fluid, change tranny fluid and filter and pan gasket, air filter change, spark plugs and plug wires, inspect PCV valves for build up, check brake condition. I would also grease your balljoints, tie-rod ends, idler arm, pitman arm, etc. And while your at it id change the fuel filter too. Then id also run some Seafoam threw your gas and threw your vacuum line.
    1995 Silverado,Z71, 3-inch lift,2-inch leveling kit, SkyJacker Suspension, short ram-air intake, throttle body spacer, MSD ignition coil, straight pipes

If you havent changed the transfer case fluid and brake fluid you need to do so. ABS brake systems dont like old, dirty fluids and transfer case fluid should be changed every 50,000 miles. Make sure you check what transfer case you have, most likely a 246. There a round plate on the back of the t/case with numbers on it.