GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default need advice on new bed caps

hi all. i recently took off my old bed caps since they were warped and no longer fit properly. i need a replacement set and since there are so many brands out there i don't know which to buy. Does anyone have any experience, good or bad, with the different brands? i was planning on staying with the black poly and purchasing bed rails also down the road so they would have to be a perfect fit. any ideas are most appreciated. Thanks!

2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD:sign0011:
    6.0L Vortec
    Magnaflow 4" Dual Exhaust
    Leveling Kit
    Westin step bars
    Penda Skid Resistor bed liner
    dark blue metallic
    Bak Industries plastic bed rail caps
    Alpine 6 1/2" SPS-600 in front
    Alpine 6 1/2" SPG-17C2 in rear
    Bilstein HD Shocks front and rear
    Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs LT265/75/R16
    Access Lorado Roll-up soft tonneau cover

Jr. Apprentice

When I put a cover on my 2000 Silverado I looked at all the options. Fiberglass covers were robust but heavy, expensive, and hard to remove. Roll up covers are nice because they are light and offer easy access to the bed but they leak and the sun breaks down the vinyl materials. I chose the Undercover bed cover. It is light (40 lbs) and strong. I can easily stand on it and I'm 210lbs. It is designed to be removed easily. My wife and I can remove mine in less than 5 minutes. Also, it locks and doesn't leak. I have had mine on since 2003 and it has not faded or leaked and I remove it about 3-4 times a year.

Undercover now has many different options and models than they had when I bought mine so I think it's a great affordable option for a quality cover. Here is the link to their site. You will have to buy through a dealer but this site gives you all the info you will need. http://www.undercoverinfo.com/

I have a ARE LSII on my 04 Silverado. The fitment is amazing and it has a very nice suspension system on it as well. I, however, have not tried to stand on mine as Readymixer has, but It seems to be strong, I just don't have the balls to find out.
    "If orange juice had armpits, maybe."
    -the wife in reference to the smell of JOOSE

i am sorry to mislead you guys but what i meant to say was bed rail caps not tonneau covers (although that will come in time also). my old ones shrunk and were popping up on the ends as the double-sided tape no longer held and water was getting underneath it. it was made by Papp Industries out of Canada. i am looking for a good quality rail cap to hide the imperfections and dents that are already there so if anyone has any recommendations i would be happy to hear them.

after much searching and comparing i narrowed it down to two brands, BAK Industries and EGR. I went with the BAK Industries one. I read all the reviews and everyone had nothing but good things to say about it. and it was $10 cheaper. I got them for $60.64 from Auto Anything with free shipping. This is my first time dealing with AA so we'll see how it goes. I'll keep u guys posted.

I would have recommended Wade.

why is that? I looked at Wade but i saw a few negative comments as far as stake pocket holes not lining up and such.

well i got my BAK bed rail caps today and i was less than pleased. the right cap was bent out of shape and looked like crap. plus it did not cover enough of the old cap's scratch marks. it needed another inch. so i am sending it back. if anyone has any recommendations on another bed rail cap i would love to hear them.