Results 1 to 7 of 7
Thread: motor swap
06-29-2010, 01:07 AM #1
well guys i know it has been a while since i have been on but heck i have been in kuwait. gimme a break.
I have a 08 sbrc silverado with a 4.8 I just orders a tbss torquer cam from speed inc. and a 2600 yank stall and the hdII SHIFT KIT and some edelbrock headers for my truck. Well i wasnt gonna swap the motor out but then i found a 02 ls15.7 complete motor with aluminum block minus cpu and harness for 1200 bucks so i bought it. I also am gettina a new cai with the ram air hood that is on the way. and i am puttin a 3-6 drop on it.
Ok here are the questions:
- Will all the parts i just orderd work on the ls1 or am i gonna have to buy ls1 specific parts..
- will my computer and harnesses work on the ls1 or will I have to get a different one.
- will i have to do any modifications for the motor to fit.
- I am also hooking my spray back onto this motor. will i be able to safley spray 125 on this application. I am gonna use my heads off the 4.8 and my intake if they will work I have the good heads already so i think they will work.
- Last question what kind of power and track times do you think this application and set up will give me.?
Please please i need to know something within the next week cause im gonna start the project. Also i orders new billet for the front main and lower grills and i got a new ss roll pan for the back and Im prolly gonna get a BORLA exhaust later this week.
Truck is also getting some new wheels and ANGEL eyes hid tinted front headlights and the led tinted tail lights. Interior is getting custom cat skin leather A new double din head unit And A single 12 sony sub with amp and remote start and security system. Tail gate wing.
And im trying to talk my buddie into a new paint job Im thinking about Silver on top and the same color from the fenders down just a thought please let me know guys. Im still here in kuwait and im due to be home in about 2-3 weeks and i will only have 3 weeks to get it done.
Last edited by Steve; 06-29-2010 at 04:53 PM. Reason: paragraphs added, bulleted list added too08 silverado
single in dual out cherry bomb pro
custom painted bow ties
20inch Cruser Alloy Switchblades
Goodyear Eagle GT2 285/50/20
1 truly heavy foot + Wait4meperformance SCT Handheld
100 shot of Nitrous Dyno tune system
SS front bumper
Matching painted front grill and bow ties
By GMCZ71 in forum GM PowertrainReplies: 8Last Post: 08-10-2010, 07:10 PM
By matt371 in forum GM PowertrainReplies: 0Last Post: 03-11-2010, 09:29 AM
By heavy chevy in forum Performance & FuelReplies: 19Last Post: 07-16-2009, 11:00 AM
By 06Busa in forum Chevy Equinox Forum (GMC Terrain)Replies: 4Last Post: 02-02-2009, 07:42 AM
By ngchevy in forum Chevy C/K Truck ForumReplies: 1Last Post: 12-14-2008, 08:21 PM