GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default 07 Silverado Classic Left Speaker... Now she works... .Now she doesn't

Ok this one got me confused. Yesteday I got in the truck for work and left speaker had no audio in door except the tweeter. doesn't cut in or out, no popping or crackling like a blown speaker would do. I left work and got in truck and the speaker was working fine.

So I thought ok maybe I will keep an eye on it. got in the truck this morning and again no sound as if someone unplugged the speaker. Tweeter still going during all this.
    I have read others having this issue with no resolution. Some have replaced the head unit and still having problems. Seen speakers replaced and yet still a problem.

Any Ideas? anyone no a real solution to what seems to be somewhat common problem?

Thanks
    Kevin
    07 Silverado Classic 5.3L Z71 4x4

Maybe its just a connection to the speaker, try taking your door panel off and checking the wires.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Man, I got the same problem!
    DJ Galloway
    08 Chevy Silverado LT(Blue)
    4.8L
    63 series K&N Cold Air Intake Kit
    Dual Magnaflow cat-back system(str8 out the rear)

Default I noticed one thing so far.

It seems to only be a problem in the morning when it's cooler. I will post more on what I find when I get it fixed. Gonna get a new voltage meter since the one I have is unreliable and check the voltage at the speaker when it's occurring. This should tell me if it's the speaker or not at least. Then I will have to pin it down to the radio or wiring.

Kevin

dudeee, I have the exact same problem. usually occurs in the AM and after i get in my truck after work the speaker works fine..its been freaking me out. please keep us updated on what you find...do u have factory speakers or aftermarket? i have factory and just think it could be because they are so old and ****ty.

Default Factory

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed07 View Post
    dudeee, I have the exact same problem. usually occurs in the AM and after i get in my truck after work the speaker works fine..its been freaking me out. please keep us updated on what you find...do u have factory speakers or aftermarket? i have factory and just think it could be because they are so old and ****ty.

Yeah I have factory. We bought the truck last fall and havn't really changed anything on it. From past experience I have never seen temperatures effect the function of a speaker, but I have seen it effect electronics. But it usually reacts just the opposite with electronics, works when cold and stops when warming up..... I get a meter today so I have it on hand.

Kevin

Hi!!,, I got the same problem, but in my case, both left speaker have the problem,, front and rear! (double cab). When they begins to work,, the first is the rear and 20 minutes after, front does!.
    Does aneyone has found the cause ??

Thanks!

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

Solved..!!! Just change the speaker!!

..... from kvert......
    " ... Yes sorry I should of posted it. Replace the speaker... This is the first time I have ever seen a speaker react this way. I was able to monitor the signal feed to the speaker when it occurred and found that the signal had not changed. I plugged in another temporary spare speaker I had from my stereo system to find that it worked. So I went and bought replacements for both doors and have no more issues. plus it sounds better. lol... "

Thank you very much!

It could be a few different things. Alot of times the speaker wire wears in the door boot. It could be partially broken and when you open and close the door it may connect it momentarily until you open it again. Just open and shut the doors a few times and see if it goes on and off for that the brett solution is just to run some new speaker wire. Another possibilty is the speaker is blown. The voice coil can seperate from the speaker and alot of times it will work at some point and then not. You can test the speaker for resistance and if its a stock speaker it should be around 4 ohm. Or if you have a amplified stock system like bose the channel on the amp can be going out. But if you really want to figure it out start by taking off the door panel which is cake and shouldn't take more than a few minutes and bench test the speaker. If it is bose its a little more complicated to fix or replace so hopefully its not.

Ok I need help here also. When the inside of my truck is below 50 degrees somtimes higher, none of the speakers work at all not even the tweeters. They just make a consistant poping noise even with the key off and the doors open. After it warms up they work great until the truck gets cold again. All the wires are hooked up tight and fuses are fine, I just cant figure it out and it is really annoying if it doesnt get above 30 degrees out side. If you have any info please let me know. I dont think It is the speakers that are bad because they all do it at the same exact time. Oh I forgot its the bose 6 speaker. Any help will be great!
    2003 Chevy 1500 Z71
    3" body lift, 305/70 r 17 Remmington mud brutes, Matching color rino liner, KandN filter, Extra Chrome trim, Diablo Sport Predator programmer, electric fan swap
    ---Plans for later: low profile blackdiamonplate tool box, custom made front and rear bumpers or bumper guards, winch on the front

also similar problem thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by