GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by Pats1pab1 View Post
    I like the way you mounted the spare. It really ads to the looks of your truck! When are you going to finish it off with the black headlights?
    Thanks, I have been trying to decide what to do with the headlights. Need to wait for some more cashflow.

Bobby - North Carolina
    2008 4x4 5.3L V8
    6" Suspension Lift and 1.5" Body Lift
    20x9 Ballistic Jesters w/35" Toyo Open Country MT's & 1.5" rear wheel spacers
    4:56 Yukon Gears
    Hypertech Speedometer Calibrator
    Baja style bed mount spare tire carrier
    Flowmaster 40 series dual exhaust
    Recon Smoked LED tails/3rd brake lights/black projectors w/switchback LED's in the corners
    N-Fab Nerf Steps
    K&N CAI
    No Fear Pedals
    Tint, Line-X bedliner, Window visors, Rear wheel well liners
    Painted front grill, bow ties and door badges, de-"lettered" tailgate
    Powder coated front and rear bumpers

Damn dude just when i think your truck couldn't look any better you always do something that sets it off even more. It's looks killer and your truck is my fav!!
    If you find yourself slipping,.....tie a knot.....hold on tight

Black
    2008 silverado
    1500 crew cab
    5.3 L 4x4
    Borla exhaust, rbp black tip
    tint, bed liner
    2.25 in ready lift leveling kit
    18x9 rbp 94r
    33x12.5x18 toyo mts

I got one in my 85 chev, it's home made, but oh well, does the job. I think it looks good, but personally i would have mounted it further back in the bed closer to the tailgate, just personal preference.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by canislupis69 View Post
    Thanks, I have been trying to decide what to do with the headlights. Need to wait for some more cashflow.
    have you seen what jerry nino on this site did to his headlights? he painted the inner shell black and left the lens clear. i think it looks realy sick
    ____Zybe the Zebra
    '07 NBS Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT1, 2wd, 4.8L
    :fighting0040:<--- (this is cool!!!)
    Custom 3in exhaust with Magnaflow muffler
    18in American Racing atx series thug's with 33 inch BFG A/T's
    N-Fab Nerf steps
    Blacked out rear wheel wells
    Rugged Liner bed liner <came with the truck>
    Pro Comp Leveling kit
    LED Glow 7 color underglow and interior glow kits

Master Mechanic TritonBoulder47's Avatar

Looks good bro... I'd love to do that with my AV, but the bed cover hinders that... LoL

Tim a.k.a. Da' Boulder

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71 - Custom Emergency Response POV

Firefighter, Fire Policeman, Ambulance Driver, Rescue Tech, Emergency Lighting Installer

Tint, 20's, Bull Bar, Intake, Exhaust, Billet Grill, Stereo, Custom Console, Emergency Equipment, and the list goes on...

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Chevy View Post
    have you seen what jerry nino on this site did to his headlights? he painted the inner shell black and left the lens clear. i think it looks realy sick
    Yeah, I have seen that done before, just not real keen on cutting my headlights open.

Quote Originally Posted by TritonBoulder47 View Post
    Looks good bro... I'd love to do that with my AV, but the bed cover hinders that... LoL
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty 71 View Post
    Damn dude just when i think your truck couldn't look any better you always do something that sets it off even more. It's looks killer and your truck is my fav!!
    Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by ippielb View Post
    I got one in my 85 chev, it's home made, but oh well, does the job. I think it looks good, but personally i would have mounted it further back in the bed closer to the tailgate, just personal preference.
    I considered mounting it over the axle, but wanted as much usable space behind the carrier as I could get. It is removable, but unloading and loading that rim/tire in and out of the bed is a PITA.

Jr. Mechanic

I had to post in this thread. Man, stop making your truck too much like mine lol.

Looking good though.

4WD/4.88s/TrueTrac/EFI Live | Rancho 4" SL | 3" BL| 20" Ballistic Jesters | 35" Toyos
    Fabricated One-Off Prerunner Lightbar, Bed Tire Mount and Dual Shock Hoops w/ FOAs

Looks great. I' ve been trying to find one for my silverado and have to say, this is by far the best looking. Where did you get it? I don't like the tail gate mounts.

Hey, that looks incredible. what a great look @canislupis69

---------- Post added at 09:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by AllBlkdOut07 View Post
    I had to post in this thread. Man, stop making your truck too much like mine lol.

Looking good though.
    Hah, too funny.

---------- Post added at 09:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:20 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TomT123 View Post
    Looks great. I' ve been trying to find one for my silverado and have to say, this is by far the best looking. Where did you get it? I don't like the tail gate mounts.
    I agree @TomT123, that's a great look. What type of wheels/tires do you have on your truck?

---------- Post added at 09:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:21 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by canislupis69 View Post
    Yeah, I have seen that done before, just not real keen on cutting my headlights open.

Thanks!

Thanks man!

I considered mounting it over the axle, but wanted as much usable space behind the carrier as I could get. It is removable, but unloading and loading that rim/tire in and out of the bed is a PITA.
    Really? @canislupis69? How often do you take it in and out? haha

---------- Post added at 09:23 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:22 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TritonBoulder47 View Post
    Hey @TritonBoulder47, I scratched my head at first ... wonder if anyone's done this with an AV or not.

---------- Post added at 09:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:23 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal Chevy View Post
    I think that @jerrynino sold his truck if I remember correctly. Have to read back his posts maybe to be sure. Was a great looking truck.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Sorry it has taken me a while to respond. I am still deployed to Afghanistan...should be home in just under a month though. The spare tire carrier is by Warrior products; however, with the amount of money I spent on all of the fitment issues with this mount and then the money I spent to re-powder coat it after fixing it I could have had a custom one made.