GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Sub to fit under my '04?

I have a 2004 with the Extended cab..
    Just wondering what types of subwoofers and boxes I can fit under my rear seats?

I have a $250 gift card to Best Buy and would like to keep it all there.. I already have a Kenwood amp that should be plenty good for it, but can't find anything that will fit under my seat... Any ideas?
    I'm hoping to go with 10" or 12"..
    2012 Silverado 1500
    2004 Silverado 1500 (SOLD): http://tinyurl.com/JRD761sTruck
    1977 Silverado C20:
    http://tinyurl.com/JRD761-1977-C20

i know nothing about how this works with sub enclosures and stuff' but i know its possible to have !10 or 12 inch subs cuz ive seen ppl do it. i thot to make them fit under the rear seats ypu just needed to get a custom made box? or atleast thts what ive seen so far
    ____Zybe the Zebra
    '07 NBS Silverado 1500 Crew Cab LT1, 2wd, 4.8L
    :fighting0040:<--- (this is cool!!!)
    Custom 3in exhaust with Magnaflow muffler
    18in American Racing atx series thug's with 33 inch BFG A/T's
    N-Fab Nerf steps
    Blacked out rear wheel wells
    Rugged Liner bed liner <came with the truck>
    Pro Comp Leveling kit
    LED Glow 7 color underglow and interior glow kits

Do you want to put 1 sub or 2 under your seat? As for enclosures from Best Buy, they usually only stock generic boxes for car trunks in the store. You can see if they have any for your truck at Best Buy's website

I got my box for a single 12" here:

http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Su...a-Extended-Cab
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

Blog Entries

Best buy makes boxes for a reasonable price to go under the seat for either one or two subs, but for the subs they are kind of expensive on prices. But wherever you buy them you will have to get shallow mounts or find a sub with a smaller magnet to fit under the seat because the box at its shortest point will only be about 3.5-4 inches. What kenwood amp do you have? I have the 1800 watt for my 2 12's and it is awesome.

2003 Silverado 1500
    V8 4.8L 294ci
    2 inch Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    3 inch Rough Country Lift
    33 inch Nitto Terra Grapplers
    5% Tint All Around
    2 12" Kenwoods

i have the same year as you but just gmc and i ran two 10" pioneer shallow mounts with a 1000w amp and it sounds great! to me, 10" sound much cleaner than 12" in trucks. best buy does sell the boxes for your truck like this one http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Atrend+-...9&st=subwoofer enclosure&cp=1&lp=9

but they don't sell the pioneers which i highly recommend. you can also try some rockford fosgate shallow mounts.

6" RCD Kit
    18" KMC Hoss wheels
    35" Toyo Open Country M/T's
    Flowmaster Force II Cat-Back S.O.S. exhaust
    K&N Filter
    Alpine CDA-9886
    2 10" Pioneer TS-SW2501S4
    Kicker door speakers all around
    1200Watt amp running the subs
    600Watt amp running the door speakers
    De-Letter
    Black GMC Logo
    HID lows and fogs
    Tint: 5% rear, 20% front

Future upgrades:
    Edge Programmer
    Cold Air Intake
    Silverado SS rear bumper

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

They might have the Kenwood Shallow subs. Or you might be able to get Alpine Type S Subs from them. If you have the 1800 watt Kenwood amp that amp is good for about 250-300 Watts RMS to each sub so that would be fine...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Blog Entries

Yeah make sure the subs can handle the power of the amp. At 2 ohms the kenwood 1800w puts out 450 rms

Quote Originally Posted by TELORVEHC View Post
    Do you want to put 1 sub or 2 under your seat? As for enclosures from Best Buy, they usually only stock generic boxes for car trunks in the store. You can see if they have any for your truck at Best Buy's website

I got my box for a single 12" here:

http://subthump.com/Chevrolet-GMC-Su...a-Extended-Cab
    i got my 2x10" box from them, very very snug fit, and absolutely works perfectly.
    i would highly recommend them
    2004 Silverado Crew Cab-z71-4x4-5.3-100k+ miles-KN FIPK Stage 2 CAI-Flowmaster 40 muffler w/ dual tip-Apline deck/alpine amp, Pioneer components front/Pioneer Back/2x10" MTX Subs under rear seat-Cooper ST tires

i know nothing about how this works with sub enclosures and stuff' but i know its possible to have !10 or 12 inch subs cuz ive seen ppl do it. i thot to make them fit under the rear seats ypu just needed to get a custom made box? or atleast thts what ive seen so far

<--- (this is cool!!!)
    puma cat shoes

well one thing is for sure that your going to be able to put a ported box unless u dont want to have your seats down and the other thing too is that your going to have to get shallow mount subs.. one note about putting the box under neath the seat is that if your going to be listening to the radio loud then you should put up your seat because i didnt know but it would get hotter than usual and then it'll just shut down on me so yea just that in note.
    2003 Silverado Extended Cab
    AEM Brute Force Intake
    PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer
    Diablo Sports Predator Programmer
    Borla Stainless Steal Shorty Headers
    Magnaflow Hi-Flow Cats
    Borla Stainless Steel Cat-Back Dual Split Side Exhaust
    20 inch OEM 5 Spoke Chrome rims with 305/50's
    2 12' Rockford Fosgate Subs w/ Kickers Tweeter's
    55 Watt 6K HID Lights

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by