GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fuel Filter

Like coach said, its because its a diesel. Its not uncommon for Duramaxs to see 20+ miles to the gallon highway driving and 16+ in the city. If you had had GM's 4.5L diesel in your truck, without the emissions equipment, 30 miles to the gallon would be easy to get. Its due to the high compression ratios in diesel.
    Adam
    2004.5 CCSB Duramax
    Max Effort Tuning by Idaho Rob - Goerend Transmission - PCV ReRoute - EGR Blocked - Plugged Resonator - 5" Diamond Eye Turbo Back - Tie Rod Sleeves - All On Mod - Edge Insight CTS - Recon Taillights, Cab Lights, & 3rd Brake Light

I have a 1993 Chevy 4x4 SRW 1T, 5sp NV-4500, the original 6.5 was pulled at 100K and 5.9 Cummins Commercial engine installed. While it will pull as much as my Topkick, it gets 2-5 MPG better loaded and 4-6 better unloaded. Pulls great, by cannot stop the heavy loads like the Topkick, and cannot match the turning radius. However, the ride is awesome in comparison. Most all my lighter loads are moved with it.

Mileage is only one aspect of a truck. A medium duty truck brakes overwhelm a pickup in comparison.
    Wayne

Wayne if you increase your brake size and add a jake engine brake you will find better stopping results. Compare the topkick brake size to yours and you may see a significant difference for stopping distance. Check with Haldex they have new disc brakes for Clss 8 and below
    2010 Chevy Silverado Z71 ext cab.4x4
    72 Monte Carlo 350-415 hp- sold (June 2011) to pay medical bills
    79 Impala 350 4bbl 375 hp- sold (June 2011)to pay medical bills
    oldfart2413@gmail.com

"If He asks you to go a mile go two"

Default Then I compared everything else

Like frame rails, clutch, transmission, and driveline size. Tire ratings LR-G on Topkick vs E on Pickup. Sure I could put bigger brakes on my pickup....
    NOT

Quote Originally Posted by Coach24 View Post
    Wayne if you increase your brake size and add a jake engine brake you will find better stopping results. Compare the topkick brake size to yours and you may see a significant difference for stopping distance. Check with Haldex they have new disc brakes for Clss 8 and below

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12