GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Default Free Slurpee on 7/11 day..... At 7-11.......stores....

Gotta get one maybe 2......

Oh Thank Heaven™
    It’s 7-Eleven® Day
    Happy Birthday to Us!
    Happy Slurpee® to You!
    Happy Concert for Everyone!

7-Eleven®
    Celebrates 83rd Birthday with 5 Million Free Slurpee Drinks and Free Online Train Concert

Just one week after our country celebrates its birthday, 7-Eleven, Inc. customers across the country will raise their free 7.11-ounce Slurpee® drinks to salute the all-American convenience retailer. That’s because Sunday is July 11 – also known as 7/11 or 7-Eleven® Day – the day when the world’s first convenience chain celebrates its birthday. 2010 marks 83 years since the company was founded in Dallas, Texas.
    Participating 7-Eleven stores across America and Canada will serve 5 million free Slurpee frozen carbonated beverages in special birthday cups on Sunday (while supplies last). “Slurpee-brations” and 7-Eleven birthday parties are being held around the country with music, entertainment, prizes and food sampling. The convenience chain has been celebrating its birthday with free Slurpee drinks since its 75th anniversary celebration in 2002.
    7-Eleven is also using its namesake day to kick off its second annual Slurpee® Battle of the Bands (BOTB) contest. Starting this Sunday, 12 home-grown musical groups will begin showcasing their talents and compete for semi-finalist status at four regional concerts.
    The first concert takes place Sunday, July 11, at 7 p.m. in Los Angeles at The House of Blues on Sunset Strip where three of the bands will open for a performance by Train, the Grammy Award-winning mainstream rock group from San Francisco. In this virtual talent contest, fans can view all performances live online on Slurpee’s Facebook fanpage (www.facebook.com/Slurpee) and vote for their favorite band at Slurpee.com. Voting is open for three days immediately after each event.
    “7-Eleven Day has become so popular that people mark it as a recurring event on their calendars,” said Stefanie Olson, 7-Eleven category manager for Slurpee and Big Gulp® beverages. “Some people forget that it’s July 11th or 7-Eleven Day. They just know it as free Slurpee day. It’s a great way to create a party atmosphere at our stores. Everyone wants to celebrate!” Free Slurpee drinks aside, July, typically the hottest month in the U.S., is the top-selling Slurpee month of the year.
    Every year, July 11 marks the day that the convenience retailer observes its birthday and other company milestones. 7-Eleven, the first convenience store, began its run in 1927 when a Southland Ice Company employee started selling bread, milk and eggs from an ice dock as a convenience for his customers. Since that inauspicious start, “convenience” has become a big business. That small ice company has grown into a major international retailing chain with close to 8,200 7-Eleven stores in North America and more than 38,100 worldwide.
    About 7 Eleven, Inc.
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Legend

check for your nearest 7-eleven location.
    http://www.7-eleven.com/ *enter your city, state in the upper right corner*
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

Shoot the closest store is 8.4 miles away, at $2.59 a gallon for gas it wont pay to take a run over for a free slurpee.
    But we appreciate the thought, thanks 7-11.

Legend
    Blog Entries

I believe that the nearest 7-11 to me is like 140 miles mabey more.. So id for sure cost me a ton for a free one.. And tbPlus if you are out and about and driving by you might be able to get something for "free"
    And i would love to have 2.59 a gallon.....
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Legend

Got my Pina Colada one today it was good but small...Gas in NJ is at $2.49-$2.55 area.. NY $2.89-$3.10
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Quote Originally Posted by murdog94 View Post
    I believe that the nearest 7-11 to me is like 140 miles mabey more.. So id for sure cost me a ton for a free one.. And tbPlus if you are out and about and driving by you might be able to get something for "free"
    And i would love to have 2.59 a gallon.....
    Over in the neighborhood that 7-11 is at I could get a free chunk of lead shot at me for being the only white boy around.
    Come on down and I'll fill your trucks tank with $2.59 a gallon fuel for ya!!

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by tbplus10 View Post
    Over in the neighborhood that 7-11 is at I could get a free chunk of lead shot at me for being the only white boy around.
    Come on down and I'll fill your trucks tank with $2.59 a gallon fuel for ya!!
    I understand. And ya no thanks i think it would cost me a lot more than id saveto drive down..
    Just a thought. And as i said i think 140Miles.. I havent seen a 7-11 in years at least in the state of Mn...
    Mike

Currently

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

Mmmmmm, slurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrpees.

There are something like ten 7-11's within a five mile radius of my house. hehehehe

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post

There are something like ten 7-11's within a five mile radius of my house. hehehehe
    We all hate you,
    Mike

Currently

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post

Steve's treating!!!!!!! Opps they are Free today.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast