GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jr. Apprentice

Default chosing a leveling kit

ive been looking at leveling kits for a few months but don't know which one to chose. i like the ready lift 2.25 but its about a hundred more dollars the a 2". is this kit worth the extra money or would a rough country level do the same thing for less money? also its for a 2010 sierra 4x4 z71
    Last edited by tmcroc24; 07-11-2010 at 12:04 PM.

Blog Entries

Beleive me, rough country will do the exact same thing as the ready lift for cheaper, and still be just as good. With all leveling kits the ride is going to be a little stiffer but rough country is a great quality and I haven't heard any bad things about their leveling kits to date

2003 Silverado 1500
    V8 4.8L 294ci
    2 inch Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    3 inch Rough Country Lift
    33 inch Nitto Terra Grapplers
    5% Tint All Around
    2 12" Kenwoods

I've been wondering the same thing. ReadyLift does a good job of selling that level but it is so much more expensive than the rest. On top of that, I rarely actually see people with the ReadyLift level. Most folks seem to have the Rough Country Level or the CCM Leveling kit.

One reason the ReadyLift is more money is that it ia machined, not cheap castings or weld steel. You spent alot of money for your truck, so why cut corners on the suspension. Cut corners somewhere else were it won't possibly kill you.

Another level kit that I've heard good things about is the Zone kit. It's 2" for about $65.
    2002 Chevy 1500 Ex-cab Z71: 5.3L, auto 4, shorties, hi-flow cats, true dual 2.5" straight pipes, AirAid intake, TBS, Platinum plugs, 8.5mm wires, programmer, 3in w/ 33s, also has the composite bed

2010 GMC 1500 Crew Cab Z71 w/ All Terrain package: 5.3L, auto 6, 2" Zone leveling kit, AirAid Jr. Intake Kit

Get the ReadyLift!!! You will not regret the extra money spent. When you spend 30k on a truck what is $200 on a level kit. As far as Rough Country I know their suspension kits are crap so I would have to assume the level kits can't be much better.

________2013 4C Rated__________

X2 RoughCountry = crap.

I have the 2.5 inch total performance online kit on my 08 and i love it and it was 85 dollars shiped

I have the readylift 2.25 inch leveling kit and think the extra .25 is worth the money if you plan fittin 33's on your truck. It's your truck though.......if you want to skimp on things thats your call.........you get what you pay for.
    If you find yourself slipping,.....tie a knot.....hold on tight

Black
    2008 silverado
    1500 crew cab
    5.3 L 4x4
    Borla exhaust, rbp black tip
    tint, bed liner
    2.25 in ready lift leveling kit
    18x9 rbp 94r
    33x12.5x18 toyo mts

Quote Originally Posted by ajarman View Post
    Get the ReadyLift!!! You will not regret the extra money spent. When you spend 30k on a truck what is $200 on a level kit. As far as Rough Country I know their suspension kits are crap so I would have to assume the level kits can't be much better.
    Haha... that's an excellent point! It seemed like the best option to me at first but the more I searched through the forums and the less I saw it in signatures, the more I started to wonder if I had just been pulled into a good marketing scheme once again. In fact, I had actually ordered it, paid for it, and was waiting for the order to process when I cancelled the order because of lack of confidence. If you guys are certain that it is worth the extra coin, though, I'm more than happy to spend some extra money for some extra piece of mind. I'm no engineer of any sort, nor do I claim to know a thing about cars, metals, or other materials, but after a visual comparison of the ReadyLift level components and the components of other leveling kits, I feel like ReadyLift is superior.

Thanks for the confirmation, gents!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast