GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New member. New Truck. Thoughts and advice!

hey everybody..I am a new member here on the forum and just waned to introduce myself. I just bought a used 07 silverado classic v6 4.3l w/ 70k a few weeks ago. I have added on:
    line x bed liner
    straight through exhaust pipe
    pioneer sterio/eclipse speakers
    delta aluminum full size bed box

looking for comments and thoughts on what mods i can do to this truck that will make it look sweet without breaking the bank. thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cs1.jpg   cs2.jpg  

welcome to the site & congrats on the truck!!
    2K Bowtie Silverado xCab 5.3L
    7" Fabtech Suspension Lift + 3" Perf Acc. Body Lift
    K&N Air Intake + Edelbrock Shorty Ceramic Headers + Flowmaster Super 10 Series dumped after muffler!
    Bridgestone Dueler 285/75/16 on stock rims
    SSBC Slotted Rotors & Pads
    HID Driving & Fog Lights

(AR Bajas + ProComp 305/70/16) <-- seasonal set

Legend
    Blog Entries

Looks like a pretty sweet ride already. I would try and find a set of used aluminum rims.. Usually you can find a few sets on Craigslist that are stock take offs. And if you can find a nice set of 17s then you will be in business to keep those new looking tires on the truck. Usually you can find a set of OEM, and sometimes aftermarket rims for around $200-300.
    You dont have a location listed so your local laws are unknown but something makes a truck look nice and keeps the inside cool is to tint the driver/passenger windows. I also know that a leveling kit is available for your truck just to give it a little more stance im not 100% on the cost but i know there are a few threads here on the site if you were to search that will help you out on that.
    Otherwise it is a pretty sweet looking rig.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

murdog, thanks for the input and i have been considering all the upgrades you have mentioned (especially the leveling kit which installed is around $400 at the local trucks unlimited shop). I have been scouring craigslist EVERYDAY looking for 17s so i can keep my tires but the only thing i am finding are either chrome gangster style wheels, ricer wheels, or 5 lug patterns. Am i searching for the wrong thing? what should i be looking for (brand, type, etc.) thanks bro

Legend
    Blog Entries

Well you will want anything that is 6 lug.. And a lot of take offs are listed on my local Craigslist. It just takes time. I have the Chrome stlye wheels like you have on my 1988, big improvement, however with your truck a set of 17s from a 2006 Silverado or even a set from an Denali would look great. Or an H3.. Basically you are looking for some that people took off of their truck to put 20s on... Something that i have seen that looks pretty cool is either a color match on the rims that you have or else painting them black since you already have a lot of black trim.. Just a thought. And i have a way that i did them on my old ranger that was cheap and looked really good and was pretty tough even here in MN.
    Mike

Currently

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

yea i was considering painting my stock wheels black..how would i go about doing that? and whats the difference between painting them or color matching them...sorry for the questions just a novice when it comes to wheels/tires.

Blog Entries

Welcome to the site, and the trucks looks real good!

2003 Silverado 1500
    V8 4.8L 294ci
    2 inch Pro Comp Leveling Kit
    3 inch Rough Country Lift
    33 inch Nitto Terra Grapplers
    5% Tint All Around
    2 12" Kenwoods

Welcome! I'd go with a leveling kit and some 33" tires. It would look great.

Legend
    Blog Entries

Well for me i used tape and left the lip chrome, and removed the center cap to leave that chrome as well. Then i went and bought Diecast Metal (model car) paint of the color that i wanted and after i taped everything up and did a little sanding. I primed it then painted it the proper color and then put a bit of clear coat on as well. This is all done using spray paint available at any hobby store. After it has dried i then took off the tape and took a look at my work.. As i said it was pretty tough and took a lot of washings and abuse here on MN salt covered roads and still looked good.
    Mike

Currently

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

hey man thanks for all the input..i think im going to search for some used 17s since i dont have the tools/knowledge to remove and paint the wheels myself haha...hopefully a nice set shows up on craigslist...

next question..the truck has no aftermarket lift but has 265 70 17 tires on it which i think equal like 31.5in tires..how much height should i get lifted?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast