GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Apprentice

Default gatorhyde spray in bed liner

has anyone used gatorhyde before? the dealer i bought my truck from offers this in there service department. is this a good product or am i better to go with line-x or rhino linings?

Master Mechanic TritonBoulder47's Avatar

I've never heard of "GatorHyde"... I've heard of "GatorBaock", but thats not like a Line-X or Rhino Lining, it's more like Refinish Restorer...

Tim a.k.a. Da' Boulder

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71 - Custom Emergency Response POV

Firefighter, Fire Policeman, Ambulance Driver, Rescue Tech, Emergency Lighting Installer

Tint, 20's, Bull Bar, Intake, Exhaust, Billet Grill, Stereo, Custom Console, Emergency Equipment, and the list goes on...

X2 never heard of it. I've had Rhino and Line-X and the Line-X is great. The Rhino ripped and the dealer won't warranty it. My Line-X is over 5 years old and has been abused with rocks that dented the fender wells, fuel spills, chain saws etc. and it still looks good.

I've seen this advertised at a local bodyshop... Don't know how it compares to Line-x and Rhino though. Even the GatorHyde website doesn't really compare their prodoct to any other spray-in liner.
    http://www.gatorhyde.com/
    Lane - Oklahoma
    2010 Chevrorlet Silverado LT Ext Cab 2wd
    - Volant CAI, Westin Steps, WeatherTech Vent Shades, Bug Shield, and Mud Flaps, Bullet Liner, Slimline Truck Cover
    2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP

LINE-X has been the market leader for spray-on truck bedliners since 2005 (according to Frost & Sullivan). That doesn't mean that they are the only good company, but it does mean that if you are #1, you probably have top quality products.

Gatorhyde might be OK, but you won't get as good of a warranty. LINE-X's is lifetime nationwide. Sort of funny: On Gator's website, click "Products", then click "R&D", then click "Quality Control" (Page Cannot Be Found)

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post
    LINE-X has been the market leader for spray-on truck bedliners since 2005 (according to Frost & Sullivan). That doesn't mean that they are the only good company, but it does mean that if you are #1, you probably have top quality products.

Gatorhyde might be OK, but you won't get as good of a warranty. LINE-X's is lifetime nationwide. Sort of funny: On Gator's website, click "Products", then click "R&D", then click "Quality Control" (Page Cannot Be Found)
    Wow, that's ironic that a QC page would have an error. I took a class once where the professor wrote his own book, there was a section on proper spelling and grammar and it was full or typos.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch View Post

I don't know how the quality of GatorHyde compares to the other spray-ins, but according to their website, they have the same nationwide, lifetime warranty...

Pretty funny about the Quality Control page not found though... Sounds like their programmer wasn't paying attention. However, if you click on the "Spray-in Bedliners" picture, it opens to their "Spray on Bedliner Quality Control & Product Testing". But again, nowhere on the site have I found a direct comparison with their competitors. That's why when I get my bed sprayed, I'll go with Line-x.
    Lane - Oklahoma
    2010 Chevrorlet Silverado LT Ext Cab 2wd
    - Volant CAI, Westin Steps, WeatherTech Vent Shades, Bug Shield, and Mud Flaps, Bullet Liner, Slimline Truck Cover
    2008 Pontiac Solstice GXP

I'm in Texas. According to Gator's website, there are 3 dealers in the entire State of Texas. They may have a nationwide warranty, but....