GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Quick wheel and leveling question..please help!

Hey yall,

I have a 2007 silverado classic 2wd. The truck currently has 265/70/17 tires and my question is...if I get a 2.5" leveling kit will i be able to run 305/70/16...I found a great deal on bfg mt tires and really need to know if these will fit...also if i can run a 16" wheel or not?

THANKS

Your brakes are to big to run 16" wheels, thats why in 05 they went to 17" wheels.

your 265's are 31.6" and the 305's would be 33.8" so that is less than 2.5" up. I think you would need to worry bout the width, but nothing a little trimming wont solve.

________2013 4C Rated__________

I have heard that 15s are too small but 16" wheels will fit...does anybody have a definite answer to this? if anybody with an 07 classic has 16" wheels please say something haha..thanks guys youve been a big help

Ya, your bumper might need trimed for the width. My buddy has 305's on his he had to do some triming but has no leveling kit its fine as long as your not articulating the suspention alot.

Quote Originally Posted by BigRed07 View Post
    I have heard that 15s are too small but 16" wheels will fit...does anybody have a definite answer to this? if anybody with an 07 classic has 16" wheels please say something haha..thanks guys youve been a big help
    As mentioned by Silveradotrailerblazer above.......16"in Rims Will Not Fit.....Due to clearance of the front Brake Caliper......the smallest diameter rim you can put on is a 17"in rim.

MIKE

99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN

well i bought the 302/70/16 tires..i had to the price was great for 4 great condition BFG MTs...now that i know 16s WILL NOT fir on the front i guess i either have to find aftermarket rims w extra clearance, or shave the calipers down a little...OR does anybody know if its possible to replace the stock calipers with smaller ones??? also, does anybody know a good aftermarket wheel with good clearance...THANKS BOYS!!

It think you are going to end up spending more money to make the 16" wheels and tires work. You DON'T want to go with smaller brake, a wheel with enough offset to clear the brakes would stick out a mile from the body. If you got a great deal on the tires than maybe you can sell them for more than you paid and make a little money. I know it sucks but I think if you try to use them you will be sorry.

i was told by the local rhino guys here that some dick cepek wheels will fit...also a 16" with 0 offset and 4.5-5' backspacing will fit too...

if not ill sell the tires and make around $100...not worth it though because the tires are so sweeeet hah

i have an 2007 1500hd Sierra Classic and I am running 16" wheels (stock)...i don't know if the HDs are different because of the 8lug pattern...and i am running 285x75x16's...which are about the same as the 305x70x16's...just not as wide...

i have a little bit of rubbing on my upper control arm...but that's only if i crank the wheel all the way...usually only in or out of parking spaces or u-turns...hope this helps...
    Mike - SoCal

07 Sierra 1500HD
    Ultra Mammoth Wheels 17x8
    Nitto Terra Grapplers - 305/70/17
    Line-X Bedliner and Wheel Wells
    NFab Nerf bars
    CST 4" Spindle lift

08 Hybrid Tahoe - wifey's ride
    McGaughy's 2/3 drop kit
    22x9.5 Tyfun Wheels
    Nexen Roadians 285/45/22

Page 1 of 2 12 Last Post byLast Post by