GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Jr. Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    10

    Default Cluster swap question

    I have an 03 burb. Will the cluster from a 2001 1500 directly swap? My 03 has a bad speedo. Happen to have an extra cluster from an 01.

    Thanks,

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sportclmb View Post
    I have an 03 burb. Will the cluster from a 2001 1500 directly swap? My 03 has a bad speedo. Happen to have an extra cluster from an 01.

    Thanks,
    No a Dash Cluster from a 2001 will not work in your 2003 Suburban......You would need a Dash Cluster from a 2003-2007 model Truck or SUV.

    MIKE


    99"SILVERADO
    5.3 l 3.73 l G80
    BLACK BEAR CUSTOM TUNE
    SNUGTOP l COLORMATCH l KATZKIN










  3. #3
    Legend Mean_Green_95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana, United States
    Posts
    1,170

    Default

    I think the clusters changed. If they look the same they should work, but I'm not 100% sure.
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

    1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors

  4. #4

    Default

    They look similar, but they wont work. You need a 03-07 cluster.
    Bagged 06 Silverado Crew Cab.

  5. #5

    Default

    The 1999 to 2002 Dash Cluster's are Different from the 2003 to 2007......

    The Difference is that the Message Center on the 99"-02" is located at the top left of the Dash Cluster....

    On the 03'-07' the Message center was moved to the bottom and center of the Dash Cluster.
    Last edited by 99'HEARTBEAT; 07-15-2010 at 01:35 PM.

  6. #6

    Default

    Got an 03 my cluster also stick got a ticket 2 days ago tried it as an excuse but it didn't work ...........
    Cop told me they had a recall on these,he said he has an 04 and they changed everything at no cost i will check it out as soon as i get off my work rotation(12HRS NIGHT) anybody heard anything about recall?
    By the way i like that truck 99heartbeat!!!!!!!
    i drove a ford once it was from 1940 and it had a CHEVY engine................

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 03bluetie View Post
    Got an 03 my cluster also stick got a ticket 2 days ago tried it as an excuse but it didn't work ...........
    Cop told me they had a recall on these,he said he has an 04 and they changed everything at no cost i will check it out as soon as i get off my work rotation(12HRS NIGHT) anybody heard anything about recall?
    By the way i like that truck 99heartbeat!!!!!!!
    There is a Special Coverage Adjustment.....for the Dash Cluster's on the 2003' to 2005' Trucks & Suv's that have Gauges the Stick,Flutter and become inoperative.....The Coverage is for 7 years or 70,000 miles......in which G.M. will replace the dash cluster's at no charge....

    Below is a Link that goes into Detail re-guarding this issue,
    http://www.gmspeedometerrecall.com/

  8. #8
    Legend
    murdog94's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Cloquet, Minnesota, United States
    Posts
    8,198
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 99'HEARTBEAT View Post
    There is a Special Coverage Adjustment.....for the Dash Cluster's on the 2003' to 2005' Trucks & Suv's that have Gauges the Stick,Flutter and become inoperative.....The Coverage is for 7 years or 70,000 miles......in which G.M. will replace the dash cluster's at no charge....

    Below is a Link that goes into Detail re-guarding this issue,
    http://www.gmspeedometerrecall.com/
    X2......................
    Mike

    Currently

    1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

    2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

    2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

    "Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

  9. #9
    Jr. Mechanic ibmoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    "Sweet Home Alabama"
    Posts
    147

    Default

    Is there a write up on here that explains how to go about replacing the cluster and what is involved?

    Bert
    "Race Car Spelled Backwards is Racecar"

    03 Silverado 2WD extended cab 5.3 with towing package white/silver
    70GS455

  10. #10

    Default

    Put gear a way down to 3rd lower steering wheel remove trim by gently pulling from corner(GENTLY) SHOULD BE A BOLT ON MIDDLE TOP AND 1 ON EACH LOWER SIDE PULL IT UNPLUG IN MIDDLE THAT'S IT,i was told speedometer need to be calibrated by vin# and all kind of stuff don't know for sure found instruction on styllin concept looking for new gauges face or somewhere like that looked pretty easy...............

Similar Threads

  1. Guage Cluster pin/Harness Question
    By murdog94 in forum GM Electrical Tech
    Replies: 7
    Last: 04-18-2010, 06:59 PM
  2. Instrument Cluster swap
    By KAHruzer in forum Chevy C/K Truck Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last: 12-20-2009, 01:53 PM
  3. Question... 88' instrument cluster...
    By retiredtech in forum North America - Southwest USA
    Replies: 5
    Last: 09-09-2009, 12:14 AM
  4. Instument panel cluster question
    By murph in forum General Chevy & GM Tech Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last: 05-03-2009, 12:32 AM
  5. Got a cluster question...
    By lube70 in forum General Chevy & GM Tech Questions
    Replies: 3
    Last: 03-14-2009, 06:17 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •