GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Default Car Insurance - What company do you have, and how much do you pay?

For the last four years, I've been with The Hartford insurance. However, after buying the Chevy, AND getting a supposed "discount" by buying life insurance, I was paying close to $300 a MONTH for insurance. I am under 25, and had one accident when I was 16, however in the state of Montana accidents are only on your record for 3 years. Through the Hartford, though, they had the accident on there from the beginning, and when I informed them that my license was clean, they only lowered the amount by about $10.

Last week, I used an add from this website and put my information in to try to find some cheaper insurance. State Farm called me on Monday and gave me a quote at $120 a month for the same amount of coverage. After giving them some more info, changing a couple of things, and also buying life insurance, I am now paying $151.48 a month.

Just curious who others use.
    2005 Chevy Silverado W/T
    4X4|4.8 with some mods (has only slightly more pull than a 5.3)|Auto|4 door ex cab|Cooper Discoverer AT/3's in 285-75/17's on Helo 842's|Cooper Discover M+S 265-75/17's on Devino DV349's|Flowmaster 40 Single in Dual out with custom bent pipe from the end of the cats back|2" Procomp leveling kit|Custom made center console|Custom dyno tunes|Air Raid CAI|Air Raid Throttle Body Spacer|Apex brand topper|Kenwood Head Unit with Kenwood speakers|Painted mirrors/grille|Debadged except front emblem|Bilsteins front and rear
    Planned mods not in order
    2 inch lift|Custom front/rear bumper|hitch tire carrier|roof basket on topper, bars on cab|finish center console build|install Midland CB|Power options|Tint|Custom made raised bed in the bed of the truck|Lund LunarVisor
    Also have a 1992 Ford Ranger with a lot of stuff done to it. Currently waiting for a bit of a rebuild.

"The only woman I'm pimping from now on is Sweet Lady Propane. And I'm tricking her out all over this town."

Legend
    Blog Entries

State Farm... Been with them for 9 years.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Just switched to Geico. I was previously with AMICA, who was excellent, but I couldn't justify the additional cost. Geico rates and service (so far) are good. I had a chip in the windshield which was handled promptly, and didn't cost me anything.

Been with StateFarm for over 25 years. Have 9 policys with them. They have always been great. Lost my house in 05 to hurricane and they were fantastic. Had a check in two weeks.

Iím with The Hartford (AARP) for home, umbrella and auto insurance for the last 5 years. Got a really good deal and saved close to $400 when I switched over. The Hartford has one of the best customer services IMO.

I was with one of these web-obly cheapies, but they got bought up by Unitrin, so far I'm just paying them and they send me the card saying I'm covered.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Allstate, 4 cars, 3 drivers (one under 21) for $320 a month. Been with Allstate for over 10 years. For just my truck it breaks down to $78 a month.
    Adam

Master Mechanic

State Farm for two years. Kinda expensive

Legend
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by caddiac View Post
    I have been with USAA for over 25 years. They insure all my stuff.
    See USAA couldnt touch State Farm when I looked into changing.. They wanted Double what i am paying state farm. I pay $120 for 2 life ins. policies, and 2 cars full coverage, and when i add my house (getting everything inspected on a trailer takes time) Then it will be about $130. Still great since i was paying that when i had both of my new cars. So it really didnt change when i went to older cars for monthy rates.. But i dropped the deductable as well..

Oh and KyleZ71, it takes time for it to go down with state farm.. But they have been nothing but awsome with me.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

I have state farm and pay $60 month for full coverage and I'm 20 years old
    Amber- Indiana

1995 Chevy 1500 4X4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast