GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Age 25 seems to be the magic number for premiums to start getting cheaper.

I've been with the Hartford for over 15 years with my home and auto and umbrella coverage. I also insure my rental properties with them. I have never had an issue, and as a matter of fact this year they rewrote my auto policy and saved me over 500 bucks, and they called me to initiate it. I also had a situation this year when my wife’s car was in for repairs on an insurance covered item. I had rented a car prior to getting the insurance involved and was prepared to pay it out of my pocket and get reimbursed. The Hartford knew I had rented a car from Enterprise, and arranged to pay them directly without me asking. I dropped off the car and to my surprise the bill was taken care of. Great customer service and decent rates imo.
    08 Colorado Z71
    95 GMC 2500 Ex Cab
    87 BMW 325is
    04 BMW 325xi (wifey)

I use USAA for all of my insurance, but I have used Gieco and Progressive in the past. I was really happy with progressive, but in the end USAA beat them all for my needs. If you are in the military, or are a military family member, I highly recommend looking into USAA.

2003 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 4x4, Crew Cab
    6.6L Duramax Diesel (LB7) with an automatic Allison 1000 5 speed.
    Spray-in bed liner, S&B Air Filter, Homemade CAI ram scoop, ball hitch for Gooseneck
    Black toolbox, metallic-black bowtie, 5.5" NV-200C Bumper Off-Road lights behind a blacked-out grille
    285/75R16E BFG A/Ts
    Future Upgrades: Exhaust, CAI, programmer, intercooler, torque converter

I use USAA as well. They've done us pretty well. I'm single, 22, no accidents, one speeding ticket and I think I pay about $80 a month for full coverage. I'm not entirely sure on the exact cost for that, though.

I had allstate from when i was 18 til i was 20 on my 01 Z71 and i was paying $340 a month for full coverage. I know i was being raped but for some reason i couldnt get anything much cheaper than that. I joined the Marine Corps and bought my 2001 2500HD and switched to USAA and im paying $110 a month. One of the perks of being in the military
    2001 2500HD 4x4
    6.0 vortec
    spectra COI, poweraid throttle body spacer, true dual 3in straight exhaust, MSD 9.5mm wire, hypertech max energy
    lift keys and add a leafs
    18" eagle alloys wrapped in 33x13.50 baja claws
    8000k HID
    plus quite a few other mods

Up here in Winnipeg we have one insurance company MPIC.I have had a clean driving record for over 18 years and have been driving for 25 years.I pay 143.00 a month for full coverage
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Blog Entries

I use Acuity a local insurance co. I pay $55 a month for full coverage on my suburban and Liability on my durango. No tickets in 10 years and no accidents.

Jr. Apprentice

I'm with american family, was paying 38 a month for liability on my 95 explorer, Now I'm paying 84 for full coverage on my 08 silverado.

I have state farm, parents have been with them for 30+ years. I am 28 and married. I pay 185 a month for 4 vehicles. 63 a month for a 02 Altima which they have me as the primary, $42 a month for my truck (which my wife is the primary), $59 for an 03 Altima (car we bought for my sister). All three have full coverage and they already shelled out about 20,000 for repairs when my truck was stolen 4 years ago. I also pay $21 a month on my 1960 Land rover for liability coverage. Our house insurance is also through them. Cant say I've ever had a bad thing to say about them and have always paid less than most people I know in my age and gender (even when I was 16).
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by RedneckGirl View Post
    I have state farm and pay $60 month for full coverage and I'm 20 years old
    Your only 20? Think I saw you in a bikini contest or two around these parts haha.

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

full coverage on my truck and my wifes 00 corolla is 125 combined. I just turned 25, she is 23.... she got two tickets this last summer or it would be much lower :(... but i'm still happy with my rates.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast