GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Put the truck in the ditch today

Well, embarassing driving story of the day for me here. I was leaving a party that I stayed overnight at, and it was out at a farm. The path from the driveway to the party in the pasture was super muddy. No problem getting through that with my 2wd truck. When I was turning out of the driveway onto the road though, I made the turn quite a bit wider than I should have, and put the front passenger side into the ditch. Tranny crossmember hit the road and bottomed out, and the left rear tire was about 6" off the ground. Luckily, the party was at a farm, and my friend has a tractor there, so I called a couple of people up to the driveway to start the tractor up and pull me out. I've been unsure about having the trailer hitch on there since I don't tow anything, but it was pretty useful this morning. Lesson learned: After a night of partying, be more observant of how wide the road actually is.

Good Times

I didn't take any pictures, but here is one of the same thing. Just imagine my chevy where that dodge is, and my left front wheel on the road so I was at a steeper angle.

2008 FORD F350. My new all-around truck.
    2001 Silverado Reg. Cab Not-So-Base -- SOLD
    2003 Avalanche Z71. No Cladding. Check out my Mod thread. - Crashed. Will be rebuilt soon.
    1974 Triumph Spitfire 1500 - Work in Progress
    2003 Sierra 3500 Duramax. The Newer, Better Work Truck -- FOR SALE

Always nice to have a friend with a tractor around. Hope it didn't do any real damage.
    Paul

I got pretty lucky. No damage, since the frame sat on the ground rather than anything else, and pulling it out with the tractor didnt seem to cause any damage. It was nice to have the tractor there though - its a bit of a challenge to get a hung-up 2wd out of a ditch with the heavy end down and only one drive wheel without a tractor or a large truck.

Sounds like there was more mental damage than physical damage. Another lesson learned.

Blog Entries

whoever's dodge that is should have just left it in the ditch

2000 Silverado, 4.8L, LS
    3" Dynomax cat back exhaust
    Drop-in K&N air filter
    200 amp Nations alternator
    KYB GR2 Shocks
    Bluetooth OBD2 adapter with Torque App on Samsung Note 2
    Custom Stereo System l Pioneer/ Boss door Speakers l 1200 watt Performance Teknique amp l 1 farad capacitor l 2 12" kicker comp subwoofers
    Slider rear window l Locking tailgate, de-baged l 265/75/16 Bridgestone Dueler H/L tires l Fully synthetic oil l Tinted windows
    4l65e upgrades - five pinion planetaries l HD sun shell l high performance band

haha, lesson learned I guess. Good to hear that there's no damage
    04 ECSB Custom silver & grey, Soft 8's, BFG KO's, ReadyLift Leveling Kit, Hellwig front sway bar, K&N filter, DeeZee EZ-Down, Rhino liner, Alpine CDE103BT, Rockford 6.5's, 12" V.A.T. Hammer Pro in a Subthump box, Alpine PowerPack amp, Hifonics amp, BackRack w/ 55w 5000k HID KC Daylighters, KC light bar with 4 KC Slimlites, UWS toolbox, Shaved Antenna mod, Black Bowtie, LED backup, license plate, dome lights & 3rd brake light

I like how this thread got brought back up - and on my 18th birthday, so I'm legal here, and a lot of talk about drinking and driving has happened today. I didn't say it in the original post, but this happened because I usually don't drink as late or leave as early as I did that day, but I needed to get to an unexpected work call. Good timing on bringing the thread back

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

Ouch!!! Glad to see you are OK and the truck....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

How did I miss this thread? I guess having a baby around that time kept me pretty busy, lol. Good times!

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    * I've been saying for years that I was going to change my username, and I finally did.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by