GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Help with exhaust to intake plumbing

Ok, I have seen somewhere that there is a tube running from some part of your exhaust to your intake on my 02 silverado z71 5.3 and I would like to eliminate it as I dont need hot air entering my intake manifold. I am NOT talking bout an EGR, my truck doesnt have one. This, I read, is a tube that feeds some hot exhaust back into the intake side of the motor to keep the throttle body (I believe) from freezing and sticking in extremely cold temperatures. I believe I have found this hose but I dont know for sure, and I cant find where I read about this originally. It looks like it is coming out of the top of the exhaust manifold on the driver side at the rear, and going into the intake. Is this correct? Does anyone know where I can get a diagram of my engine and all its workings including emissions and stuff like this? Would there be any negatives or problems with doing this other than my throttle body would freeze up if I get a wild hair and go to alaska? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Yeah, I finally found what I was talking bout, it actually was a coolant hose going to the throttle body not an exhaust hose, and, as per your recommendation and that of others, I wont be doin it, thanks man.

Is there any manual on you? I think there are manuals for plumbing that truck. And after that, start the engine and let it run for several minutes until it is warm
    Last edited by lilieyen10; 07-22-2010 at 04:41 AM.