GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default header questions? and other exhaust intake and tune questions?

02 silverado 1500 ext cab short bed 4.8l 4x4

If I get a corsa exhaust system, dynatech long tube headers and intermediate pipe, and intake will i need a tune?

Now my other questions, I keep hearing to get long tube headers. Are the dynatech's good? Or are the pacesetters better? And what will I have to worry about to pass emissions?

Sr. Engineer

Intermediate pipe?

Whether or not you will pass emissions, depends on your state. To get your vehicle to recognize headers, the computer needs to be tuned for it.
    Black Bear Performance- Custom Tuning Solutions

Authorized EFILive and MAGNACHARGER seller

idk thats what summitracing has for the dynatech pipe i think its just a y pipe. it also says u can get it with hiflow cats or not. the corsa exhaust is a cat-back exhaust system. so like idk. i don't completely understand everything i need to be looking at or what exactly ill have to get. and by the way i live in pa.

will a diable tuner work?

Sr. Engineer

You should check your state laws before purchasing, especially the cats. Not sure if the Diablo will allow you to tune for headers.
    Black Bear Performance- Custom Tuning Solutions

Authorized EFILive and MAGNACHARGER seller

The Dynatechs have it all over the Pacesetters. Witch intermediate Dynatech pipe are you going to use, the cat equipped or non cat pipe?

idk. i don't know the differences or what will pass emissions here.

ok so since i don't have the money to do this all at ounce and can only do 1 thing at a time, what order would u suggest do this? in the end i wanna end up having a corsa exhaust system (probably the sport with the side single exit), K & N intake, dynatech supermaxx stainless steel headers, and i keep hearing to get the diablosport predator programmer.

just as jennabear mentions you should definitely check the emissions law on your state. but if you were going to knock off 1 by 1, i would say go for the least expensive - intake first. then your exhaust. then as you find out more about the emissions law - you should be able to determine if you are able to run long tube headers vs shorties.
    2K Bowtie Silverado xCab 5.3L
    7" Fabtech Suspension Lift + 3" Perf Acc. Body Lift
    K&N Air Intake + Edelbrock Shorty Ceramic Headers + Flowmaster Super 10 Series dumped after muffler!
    Bridgestone Dueler 285/75/16 on stock rims
    SSBC Slotted Rotors & Pads
    HID Driving & Fog Lights

(AR Bajas + ProComp 305/70/16) <-- seasonal set

That’s true because Virginia has some pretty stupid law when it comes to passing inspection. I had to change some back up light bulbs because the guy said they were DOT approved but the ones they installed didn’t have DOT on them any were so the guy shows me the package. Now who saves the package for there light bulbs? I installed JBA shorty for that same reason hassle free.
    Hi my Name is Steve I have a 2004 Silverado Z71 Crew cab, silver berch in color and Live in Virginia Beach Va. I have installed JBA Stainless Steel Shorty Headers with Flowmaster 40, K&N 77 air intake, Taylor 409 Wires , Diablosport Predator Programer, Weston Bull Bar, Carage Works Grill, ReadyLift Leveling kit, Pioneer Navigation system, Viper two way Alarm with remote start, Rino hitch step, Factor 20 inch wheels with Nitto Graplers and that's it for now.
    :cool: Steve

i'm hoping i should be good with the long tube headers, i'm gonna check just to make sure though.

if i can't use them i'm thinking about just putting a borla exhaust system with borla headers on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast