GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Mechanic

Default Time for new tires need some opinions

I will also take other ideas on different tires.
    I am looking at getting the Cooper Zeon LTZ which I have found for around $180 a tire. I am getting 275/55R20s

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/pr...coprl2.ang.jpg

Or I was thinking about getting Nitto Terra grapplers.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/pr...nitrl1.ang.jpg

I am not looking for a full blown A/T tire but the Good year LS2's that are on it from the factory are not enough for the back roads during hunting season.

07 NBS Crew cab SLT 4x4

Master Mechanic

i like the coopers out of the 2 choices.......

2002 Tahoe LT---------TINTED WINDOWS------------7" DUAL DVD INDASH

Smile

I have the same size tire in the Nitto Grapplers on my 2004 Crew Cab Z71 on the factory chrome 20 inch rims. I love them they ride a little stiffer the tire shop recommends a higher tire pressure. I leave mine a factory specks 32 PSI with Nitrogen and they have been on the truck around 3 years now and still have plenty of tread so they are wearing very good and great traction driving around town never really went off road so I could not tell you how they would handle there but every day driving they are great.
    Steve
    Hi my Name is Steve I have a 2004 Silverado Z71 Crew cab, silver berch in color and Live in Virginia Beach Va. I have installed JBA Stainless Steel Shorty Headers with Flowmaster 40, K&N 77 air intake, Taylor 409 Wires , Diablosport Predator Programer, Weston Bull Bar, Carage Works Grill, ReadyLift Leveling kit, Pioneer Navigation system, Viper two way Alarm with remote start, Rino hitch step, Factor 20 inch wheels with Nitto Graplers and that's it for now.
    :cool: Steve

Blog Entries

nitto all the way i just bought my 3rd set they are great tires i had 275/55/r16 nitto terra grapplers / 35/12.50/r20 nitto mud grappler / 38/13.50/r24 nitto trail grappler

Look into the Goodyear Wrangler Armortrac. I have them on my truck in a 245/74-16. I've put close to 15K in the 7 months that I've owned them(its 41 miles to school one way) and they look great and perform good too.
    2010 Equinox LT
    2.4, 6 speed auto, power lift gate, remote start, bluetooth, xm.

1995 Cheyenne C1500 ext. cab(my baby, my first truck)
    5.0, 5 speed, Silverado appearance package, power nothing, bucket seats and console Silverado, painted black interior, eBay halo headlights, eBay chrome tails, eBay cai, dual Flowmaster 40's w/no cats, 15x7 American Racing Hopsters, Walmart fog lights, SS mirrors

i have the zeon's and like em. 305/55/20
    07 Sierra Classic, 5.3L, 4X4, Crew Cab
    Volant CAI
    Leveling Kit
    305/55/20 LTZ
    Flowmaster muffler
    Diablo Predator

Jr. Mechanic

Alright thanks for the advice guys! I like both tires equally so it will probably boil down to price. The Nittos seem to be around 30 to 40 dollars more than the Coopers. I will have to do some calling around to see what kinda deals I can make. Does anyone know a super awesome place online? I have searched and searched and their aren't really any better deals than buying them from a tire shop.

If you have the stock rims and that is the stock tire size, you can go to any Sam's Club and get them put on. You would probably have to order them but its worth it. Sam's Club's road hazard plan is awesome. Plus I know Goodyear is going on sale the 21st, 50 off a set of four. Michelin is running a sale of 60 off a set of four until the 31st. Other than that, Idk any sale.

I had the Nitto's on my Tahoe and there was no loud road noise with them. I drove on the beach and in the mud with no problems at all. I have the Toyo MT's on the Silverado now. They are the best...Well I think so...
    "You underestimate my willingness to resort to violence to resolve this conflict" :fighting0037:

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT
    (8" Fabtech Suspension Lift, 3" Performance Accessories Body Lift, 37x13.50 Toyo MT's, 20" KMC Rockstar, K&N FIPK, Edelbrock Headers, Edelbrock Extreme Travel Shocks with Reservoir, MagnaFlow Dual Exhaust, Black Bear Performance Tune)