GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: 'Nox foglights

Default 'Nox foglights

Alright ive been thinking about the fog lights that come on my 05 LT version of the Equinox (and i think several other year models too) and was wondering if anyone has changed/upgraded from the oem stock foglight bulbs and/or if its worth it. i might want to go a bit brighter and get off the stocks.

most the places ive looked it always seem like GM/Chevy want you to buy the whole foglight assembly (not just the bulb) i was wondering why this is, and if theres any reason why someone couldnt just replace the bulb? (which i think is a H11?)

anyone ever switch out the bulbs of the foglights of their equinox and can shed some light?

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I just did my 08 Avalanche Z71 which has a retangler lens. I was told by many that when doing HIDs to use a 25 watt ballest. If you had the round plastic lens. On the Z71 the lens was bigger so I went with a 35 watt. After 5 months now no melting...And a Ton of more light....
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Thats good to hear about no melting. And i was wondering about wattage for the ballast if i eventually go HID. I just gotta wait awhile when i go enough to splurge on an kit for it. may just go with some upgraded halogen bulbs till then.

nice avalanche btw. great looking trucks.