GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: L5 10s or 12s?

Default L5 10s or 12s?

ok so i was just wondering how the kicker L5 10s under the back seat of my 09 1500 compare to the same set up but with the infinity 1262w 12s or the kicker solo classic 10s... any other kicker/infinity sub that would fit in a 6.5" mounting depth box. which would be louder? ive had the infinity before but ive heard the L5s were louder than those. thanks
    Last edited by chevymanlobo; 07-20-2010 at 01:37 AM.

09 chevy z71 with leveling kit

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

For loud I would go with the Kicker..If you want a cleaner sound look in to the JL w3's.
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

Blog Entries

Doesn't really answer your question, but I love my new Alpine Type E's (2 10s)...really responsive, and loud enough to not be able to listen on full volume for more than 15 mins. I wish I could have gotten Type R's, but there was no way those would have fit in the underseat box that I already had for my Rockford Fosgate P1S4s.

2003 Silverado, SOLD 1/11/11 for my... 2001 Ford Mustang Bullit, #1787

the reason im asking about the kicker and the infinity subwoofers is because my cousin has a local shop that are kicker and infinity dealers so i can get them for a really good price. im thinking now its between the kicker solo classic 10s or the L5 10s

I have 2 L5s under the back seat in my 99

1999 Chevy Silverado XC/SB Z71 - Comp Thumpr, Yellow LS6 Springs, 04 injectors, TR Pushrods, P&P Heads,Flexalite Fans, !Cats, !EGR, HPTuners, Thorleys, Dynomax Catback, Airaid, TCI 3000, Transgo w/ Vette Servo n Pinless Pistons, Tru-Cool, Helo 18x9 w/ 285/65/18 Nitto, Stainless Brake Lines, Hydroboost, Hawk pads, Ford Keys, exterior and interior mods, big stereo, less than 12,500 original miles.
    2005 4wd Colorado (work truck)

Quote Originally Posted by jlwz71 View Post
    I have 2 L5s under the back seat in my 99

ok this is almost the exact set up that im looking for.. im looking for either the l5 and l7 10's right now... im back with my kicker cvt 12's because i just took my l7 15 out of my truck.. how do these subs sound? im looking for a sub that will kick good but will still hit and roll on the lower notes pretty decently...

also how many watts are u running and how much air space do you have in these boxes?
    "I'll Sleep When I Die"

2009 Chevy Silverado LT1
    295/70/17 Toyo MT's
    2" rough country leveling kit
    CAI
    magnaflow exhaust
    custom tune
    spray in Line-X bedliner
    deep low profile took box
    6000K HID's
    5% + 20% tint on door windows and rear + layer of 10% rear glass and 5% tint strip
    2 12" Kicker CVT's
    custom sub boxes
    1000 watt hifonics sub amp
    4 6.5" hifonics door speakers
    4 hifonics tweeters
    320 watt hifonics amp
    Quad bell train horn
    5 gallon air tank with 100% duty Viar compressor
    galls street thunder deluxe siren/PA

1200 true rms JBL amp, about .8 ft per box which is tight for them but they kick the hell out of the truck. I installed dynomat in the truck because it was vibrating every damn thing in the there. If I mounted the amp on the back wall I could squeeze in more airspace I like the amp where it is.