GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: Pinstripes

Default Pinstripes

I'm going to take my 05 Silverado and have pinstripes put on, What should i expect to pay for this?

Just a simple pin stripe or racing stripes? Also are we talking painted on or vinyl?

I worked at a Chevy Dealership for a few years and the price we would charge for vinyl strips was $100.00. I would think that should give you a good idea on what to expect to pay.

________2013 4C Rated__________

Do it your self with vinyl. Ebay has alot to pick from and put some $,s in your pocket.
    95 tahoe 2dr 4x4 200,000+ miles

Here's some for sale on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/3-8-P...item4aa265475a

You can cut it to your length and choose the color. $11 for the pin stripes, maybe $50 to have a shop put them on if you don't do it yourself.
    2003 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L Vortec V8
    2" Body Lift
    3" Suspension Lift
    Skyjacker Hydro 7000 Shocks
    Skyjacker Steering Stabilizer
    35" Tires with 20" American Racing Rims
    Velocity Cold Air Intake
    Billet Throttle Body Spacer
    BBK Performance Headers
    MBRP Cat-Back Exhaust System
    DiabloSport Predator- Soon to be tuned by Diablew

"Soon to be leveling-kit"

Thanks for the info, All i want are the thin pin stripes from end to end, Nothing fancy. I'd just rather pay somebody to do it and not take a chance on screwing it up. How hard is it by the way?

I actually know the guy that dose the stripping for the dealership up here and doing the vinyl stripping is not that hard he doses the whole side in one shot the goes back with a razor knife and cut the vinyl were the doors and bed it. I have had him do mine a couple of times. I let him do it because he has such a big selection of stripping.
    Hi my Name is Steve I have a 2004 Silverado Z71 Crew cab, silver berch in color and Live in Virginia Beach Va. I have installed JBA Stainless Steel Shorty Headers with Flowmaster 40, K&N 77 air intake, Taylor 409 Wires , Diablosport Predator Programer, Weston Bull Bar, Carage Works Grill, ReadyLift Leveling kit, Pioneer Navigation system, Viper two way Alarm with remote start, Rino hitch step, Factor 20 inch wheels with Nitto Graplers and that's it for now.
    :cool: Steve

I agree with the others. You can do it yourself, just take your time. If you don't do it yourself than $100.00 is about average.

Jr. Mechanic

I had my put on by a friend who works in a body shop, and charged me $30, and that included the pin stripe material, I did silver metallic to match the 4x4 sticker on the bed. my truck is a slate blue, looks mint.

If you see the guy at the dealer ship pinstriping cars have a chat with him he don't work at the dealership he only get's $20.00 to $30.00 dollars per car or truck and he don't care who is paying him the dealership or you. They have a crop load of colors & what not you might be suprised.