GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Default Squeaks and Cracks and noise

So, i just put all new ball joints, new wheel bearings, new CV axles, and new pitman arm, and the idler arm. I have new leaf springs that are going to be put on my truck, 6" lift springs from BDS, but anyways i drove my truck to the Calgary Stampede this weekend, drove nice, but during the 2500km round trip i drove, i got a few more problems, one is a squeaking, it sounds like its in the suspension, but i can't pin point the area, another is sounding like my brakes, so i took my pads off and cleaned them. The last noise is a cracking, it sounds like its coming from the right under where the cab and box meet, it's only when i accelerate. Could this be a U-Joint?
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    EFI Live Comp Cam and Valvetrain Snow Performance Methanol Injection
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat
    Electric Fan Autometer Pressure, Boost, and Pyro Gauges
    4.56 Gears Airlift Air Bag Suspension

Legend
    Blog Entries

Sounds kinda like one from the way that you are describing it.. As for the new sqeeking that could be the bushings.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

If I remember you installed your lift kit with in the last year. Did you go back and retorque everything after you had 500 miles on the lift? If you did than go back and retorque again. I retorque mine once a year other wise it starts to squeek. They have alot of stress on them even with just street driving.

Yes, i did re torque everything, and here's whats puzzling me. I go under my truck with a pry bar, pry on my U-joints, and they dont even budge. They're solid. I try to spin my drive shaft with my hands, and it's solid too. It only makes the squeaking, sounds like rubber squeaking, only when i'm accelerating, or putting tension on my drive train, it doesn't squeak when i let off the gas, or when on the brakes. It's coming from directly below the center of my truck, where the cab and box meet. should i just go ahead and replace my U-joints? Or should i be worried that its my transmission, or transfer case?
    www.youtube.com/ippielb
    2002 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 z71 1985 Chevrolet Silverado k10 2006 Chevrolet Silverado 2500hd 6.6l LLY Duramax
    6.5" BDS Suspension Lift Edelbrock Carb & Polished Intake Manifold & Valve Covers NAPC Race Transmission & NAPC Built Transfer Case
    35" Toyo Open Country Mud Terrain on 18" Ion Alloy 179's Headman Long Tube Headers and True Dual Exhaust FASS 150gph Titanium Series Pump
    AirAid Cold Air Intake with K&N Dry Filter & AirAid PowerAid Throttle Body Spacer 2" Suspension Lift 33x12.50r15 Tires EFI Live & AFE Stage 2 Intake
    Pacesetter Long Tube Headers with Cats Gone True Dual Exhaust FlowPro 3.73 Gears Yukon Grizzly Locker with Mag-Hytec Cover & Traction Bars
    NGK Iridium Tips & MSD Ignition Plug Wires Baja Spare Tire Holder 33x13.5 Hankook rt03 18" XD Rims
    Innovate LC-1 Wideband o2 Sensor x2 HID's all around LED taillights and 3rd brake light
    BDS Dual Steering Stabilizers Pioneer Double-DIN Touchscreen Navigation with Two 10" Subs under rear seat

Legend
    Blog Entries

I would replace the U-Joints if you havent done so before expecially. Usually you will get moisture in the needle bearings that will cause rust and then cause the squeek that you are describing. And not allow and play.
    Mike

Currently

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

Exactly what it was, didn't expect to see all the needle bearings rusted into place, two of the grease holes on the bearing were plugged with rust, so every time i greased it, it only got to the other two cups. Since i was replacing one, i replaced both U-Joints, took off my brake calipers and greased up the free floating pins, found out the creaking when i touched the brakes was from the pins on the drivers side, they were getting dry.
    www.youtube.com/ippielb

Legend
    Blog Entries

Glad you got it figured out... Hope everything is nice and smooth again.
    Mike

Currently

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4