GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: General Grabber

Default General Grabber

Does anyone have them yet? I think I might get some in 33x12.50x17. Or go with some retreads from treadwright either a goodyear mtr copy or a BFG all terrain copy.
    2009 Silverado ext cab long bed black- 2in lift front + rear, add-a-leaf, K&N filter
    2010 Ford Escape completly blacked out- K&N filter
    50cc pit bike- swing arm stretched 12"

I just recently bought a set (General Grabber 245/75R16 HTS M+S 111S OWL) ... via an online store (had them shipped from TX to VA) ... cost me far less than buying them locally. WHY did I opt for this particular tire?

Because the tires on this used 04' truck, which I also just recently bought, were both KNOBBY and NOISY ... I don't "off road", and wifey hated the NOISE. So I started researching replacement tires (the quieter the better)... I have an online subscription to ConsumerReports and the General Grabber HTS received their highest rating (among tested tires).

They're quiet as all get out, they provide me with great traction and handling (wet & dry)... in short: I simply LOVE 'EM! (so does wifey, if that's possible)! LOL

Others may not want such a tire... but I wouldn't buy anything else, unless my needs change drastically. Of course, YMMV (so to speak).
    Last edited by 04-silverado; 07-22-2010 at 08:50 PM.

What I am talking about is the Grabber. The once racing only tire but now they have a DOT legal version. And noise I really dont care too much about that. I used to run 38.5" boggers on my 1996 silverado I miss the hum
    2009 Silverado ext cab long bed black- 2in lift front + rear, add-a-leaf, K&N filter
    2010 Ford Escape completly blacked out- K&N filter
    50cc pit bike- swing arm stretched 12"

I put Grabber HTS tires on my wife's '05 Suburban a few months ago and we love them. Great traction, wet and dry. Also did some beach driving in the OBX a few weeks ago - handled great.
    Ken - Blue Bell, PA
    2009 Silverado Crew Cab 4x4
    2005 Suburban Z71 4x4

I have General Grabber UHP tires in 275/55R20. They ride nice and have great traction.
    "If orange juice had armpits, maybe."
    -the wife in reference to the smell of JOOSE