GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Jr. Apprentice

Default 96 Tahoe passenger side floor soaked...

Looks like water is coming in from area between finder and frame. Any clues? I already eliminated the wiper assembly area and the firewall from AC.

Heater core? Is it rusty water or smell like coolant?

is it raining or is there just water on the floor board?
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Jr. Apprentice

It comes in when it rains or carwash... I took off the wipers an put a hose down into the wiper assembly and the water goes out the drains just like it's supposed to. It's between the fender and the frame. How in the hell do I get in there without taking apart the front clip? I put the hose on the firewall but no water. It seems to be coming through the far right inside (Maybe the ac or blower)

Help

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by silveradotrailblazer View Post
    Heater core? Is it rusty water or smell like coolant?
    It comes in when it rains or carwash... I took off the wipers an put a hose down into the wiper assembly and the water goes out the drains just like it's supposed to. It's between the fender and the frame. How in the hell do I get in there without taking apart the front clip? I put the hose on the firewall but no water. It seems to be coming through the far right inside (Maybe the ac or blower)

Jr. Apprentice

My favorite mechanic just told me that there is a crack on both sides of the cabin, and that it will have to welded at a body shop. WTF... I trust him more than any other place. Well, I guess I'll just tear out the carpet, rearrange the wires, drill a couple of holes, and spray some bed liner on the floorboards because welding at the body shop on a 14 year old Tahoe sounds expensive, and I just don't have that kinda cash to put into it now.

Thanks for your help.

Talk softly and
    carry a big stick...

Legend
    Blog Entries

Did he show you this crack?? because i would simply put a sealant over it if you can get to it from the inside etc.. that way you can keep out the elements.
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Legend

River Ridge Louisiana-4 miles W of New Orleans-didn't flood-water stopped 800 yards away.

I had leaks on both side in the front in my 1998 Suburban( a louisiana vehicle all its life)
    My weatherstripping is fine.
    I fixed the passenger's side by replacing the hinge pins.The door was sagging.
    My driver's side is still leaking and despite it not sagging as obviously as the passengers side it does sag.

My driver's leak has been for 3 years, but the paint is so good on the inside that there isn't any rust yet..Of course we don't have that freakin' road salt folks in the midwest and NE have.Does Virginia have rust problems??
    Charlie

I did have to lift carpet and carpet pads-they will stink if they remain wet.
    1998 suburban-
    1/2 ton

199500 miles
    River
    Ridge,LA

If you can not see the cracks with the carpet up, or when driving - the waterproof, expandable, spray-in foam is an option. You can get it at most home centers. Just get it up there and have at it. Will help make it quieter too. Try to get it really clean before you do something like this though.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

It seems like it is further forward than my problem I had. I used to flood the drivers side and what happened was with the door shut the water would run down the frame but went over the gromet where the wires for the door went through into the truck. It would then flood that space on the body side and all over the floor. I just had to put sealant in and around that grommet and problem solved.
    David
    2004 Silverado 2500 Crew Cab 4x4, AMSOIL EA air filter, Granatelli MAF sensor, Throttle body spacer, Magnaflow exhaust (true dual to 2 in 1 out muffler), 6" ProComp lift (add a leaf and 5" superlift rear block), Bilstein shocks, 35's (Cooper Disoverer ST) and 4.10 gears, Rhino Liner, EGRUSA fender Flares and widow visors, extended stainless steel brake lines, firestone airbags w/onboard air compressor, Pioneer Avic X940BT navigation, Accel backup camera.
    http://www.gmtruckclub.com/forum/sho...Silverado-2500
    1960 Land Rover Series II 88
    2001 Pontiac Sunfire
    2013 Toyota Avalon Limited (Wife's Car)
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast