GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Default Tree Huggers Unite...The Volt has arrived

I received an email from Chevy today to order my Volt. I'm not about to sell the Sierra, but I may see if the wife would consider to replace her current vehicle. Below is the email. I want to know if you can you order it with a Tron outfit.

I had to edit a bit to get to fit...

Chevrolet Volt
    Volt is available for order in launch markets.
    Click here to view it in your web browser.
    Add Chevrolet_Volt@emails.chevrolet.com to your address book.

Be one of the first. Chevrolet is officially taking orders for the Volt in our launch markets. This entirely new kind of car will be launching with limited availability(1) in California; New York; Washington, D.C.; Texas; Michigan; New Jersey; and Connecticut. If you're ready to experience a new world of driving, simply contact a Chevrolet Volt participating dealer or go to getmyvolt.com.

Volt purchases qualify for the maximum federal tax credit(2) for plug-in electric vehicles up to $7,500.

Lease the 2011 Chevrolet Volt for as low as
    $350/month(3) for 36 months
    $2,500 due at lease signing.
    Includes security deposit. Tax, title, license and dealer
    fees extra.

Or purchase for as low as
    $33,500 net(4)
    Price after tax savings. Net price shown includes the full
    $7,500 tax credit. $41,000 MSRP(5) with federal tax savings
    from $0 up to $7,500.

Once your order has been placed with a Volt participating dealer, you'll be contacted by a Volt Dedicated Advisor. This customer service team is specially trained and focused on Volt they can answer questions about the product and help get your home ready for an electric vehicle
    (1-888-VOLT4YOU or 1-888-865-8496).

The Chevrolet Volt provides customers with a standard 100,000 mile/8-year warranty(6) on its advanced lithium-ion battery. The Volt's comprehensive battery warranty covers all 161 battery components, 95 percent of which are designed and engineered by GM, in addition to the thermal management system, charging system and electric drive components.

Legend

Blog Entries

LOL@Tron outfit!!

Well, I'll be interested to see these on the road. I don't have a feeling one way or another on them just yet. I'm still not sold on the advantages of electric. I like they they regenerate on deceleration but you still have to go home and plug them in at some point. Isn't that just kind of the same as using gas - fossil fuel in one form or another?

Again, I don't know enough about them just yet. We'll see what happens in the near future, I guess!
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

Definitely looking forward to seeing them, but not hearing them. I look at it this way, I charge my 18V LIon Makita drill for 15 minutes and get a couple of hours worth of work out of it. Even using it to screw deck boards, I get an hour's worth of use out of a 15 minute charge.

can you tell me how many model are going to come. if you know give my post reply ....

Quote Originally Posted by johnDonn View Post
    can you tell me how many model are going to come. if you know give my post reply ....
    Not sure, but you can click on the links in the thread above and it will give you more information.

Just got another email today. Here's an excerpt with pricing details. The prices don't seem as expensive as expected. Of course they put an ad for the Corvette Carbon Z06 next to it.

For those of you who dreamed, for those of you who waited, it's time.

Chevrolet expects to offer qualified lessees the 2011 Chevrolet Volt for as low as

$2,500 due at lease signing.
    Or purchase for as low as

Price after tax savings. Net price shown includes the full $7,500 tax credit. $41,000 MSRP3 with federal tax savings from $0 up to $7,500.

Be on board for the future of automobiles. Find a dealer today and place an order for your 2011 Volt (available in select markets4 at the end of 2010)

So, my curiosity got the better of me and I went online to see what I could find out. Below is an excerpt from a live chat with a customer service rep. The name has been changed to protect the innocent.

You have been connected to GM Rep.
    GM Rep: Hello Alex. Thank you for contacting Chevrolet. My name is Joann, how can I help you today?
    Alex: There are rumors that the Volt price will be inflated by dealers. Can you tell me if the pricing quoted is what we can expect to pay for these vehicles?
    GM Rep: Unfortunately under the franchise agreements it is illegal for General Motors to dictate dealer pricing. Dealerships are independently owned and operated, while we encourage our dealers to sell their vehicles at or near the MSRP, they own the vehicles in their inventory and have the right to set their prices according to the current market demand.
    Alex: Ok, so fine print, find a reputable dealer to work with.
    Alex: Also, will there be different models for the Volt, similar to other GM products?
    GM Rep: Keep in mind that all MSRP's represent the current Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price and do not include tax, title, license, dealer fees and optional or dealer installed equipment.
    GM Rep: Let me check to see what trim levels may be available.
    GM Rep: At the present time there is only one trim level to the 2011 Volt.
    Alex: Sorry if that sounded obnoxious. I just want to understand what to expect. Unfortunately, there are a lot of people out there ready to sign up and support GM, but it may come down to availability of the vehicle.
    GM Rep: At the present time the 2011 Volt will only be released around November.
    GM Rep: Then in March it will be released to 5 more.
    GM Rep: They plan on producing 10,000 by the end of 2011, and 30,000 plus during 2012.
    GM Rep: Can I ask what city you reside in?
    Alex: I'm in Long Island, NY
    Alex: That's great news. I am trying to convince my wife to trade in her Volvo. We may be ready to do that this winter.
    GM Rep: In the first release New York metro is amoung the 4. The rest of New York is in the second release.
    Alex: ?? 4 cities?
    GM Rep: The 4 areas are major cities and states.
    Alex: Ok, I've got a 2pm mtg, but just one more question.
    Alex: How many times have you had to put money in the swear jar for saying "Chevy"?
    Alex:
    GM Rep: lol. I have never called it Chevy.
    GM Rep: I have always used Chevrolet.
    GM Rep: But, some people haven't/
    Alex: Thanks for your help! I can't wait to see the Volt.
    GM Rep: If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to come back and chat with us. Thank you for visiting Chevrolet.com!

Jr. Mechanic

I received the same email today and emailed them back that I was done buying anything GM until they repay all the TARP money. Apologies to anyone I might offend.

I thought I heard they had paid it off, but just read that isn't really the case.

Jr. Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Als09Sierra View Post
    I thought I heard they had paid it off, but just read that isn't really the case.
    I believe GM has repayed 6.7 billion of the 52 billion they were given. So they have a ways to go.

Page 1 of 3 123 Last Post byLast Post by