GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1

    Default Alpine Power Pack Amp & Viper 350HV Alarm

    Alpine Power Pack Amp
    I got this installed yesterday at Best Buy. Outstanding. My thanks to Hawaiikid for his recommendation. This little AMP is $119. They install in minutes and triple your power output. They plug right in. I have an Alpine ida-x303 which is a great unit but all headunits by themselves have minimal power. I have the Alpine 600 SPS speakers and this little amp really improves the sound and boosts power and loudness. Now the 600's really shine. I am 49 and listen to Classic Rock, Classical Music, Jazz and don't need a Sub or expensive amp setup as I am not into boom boom bass. This system is now perfect. I can cruise down the highway with the windows down and turn it up and it will play over any road noise. I highly recommend. Oh yeah they will work with any brand of headunit. If you don't need or want the hassle/expense of wiring up a standard amp this is the way to go. Crutchfield and Best Buy Reviews are like 4.8/5. Everybody loves it.

    Viper 350HV
    Another product I highly recommend. It sells for $199 at BB. I like the added security this unit offers me. I remote camp/flyfish and there can be vehicle breakins with ****bags stealing flyrods/camping gear/anything they can get their filthy hands on. A window gets broken and they open a door this alarm sounds. Exactly what I need.

    Best Buy installed both for me for FREE! Professional installation by this dude Mike who did my headunit and speakers a few months back. These guys are great they are EXPERTS at installation. I highly recommend. They have deals on installation when you buy headunits and speakers together or various products.

  2. #2
    Jr. Mechanic ibmoses's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    "Sweet Home Alabama"
    Posts
    147

    Default

    I got the same setup but I added the SoundOrdnance powered subwoofer, my first sub. Its real small physically but really adds to the quality of the music.

    I am 50

    Bert
    "Race Car Spelled Backwards is Racecar"

    03 Silverado 2WD extended cab 5.3 with towing package white/silver
    70GS455

  3. #3
    Legend

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    East of Branson, Missouri
    Posts
    2,788
    Blog Entries
    14

    Default

    Good to hear, Fisher. And very good to hear that you found yourself a BB with some good folks doing install. Unfortunately that isn't necessarily the case all the time. It seems to me that some of these folks have gotten to put a few radios in friends' cars and then think they are installers. It always good to find a place where actual people that actually know what they are doing can actually do a good install!

    And congrats on the new setup. Keep the BOC cranked up!?
    Steven



    "The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy




  4. #4

    Default

    That amp sounds like a nice setup for a decent price. To Springthing's point, if you can trust your BB installer, it might be worth it. I like the sound system in my truck, but it could use a little more power. The cab is not the quietest on the highway, and sometimes after a crappy day that song needs to be a little louder.

  5. #5

    Default

    I have heard good things about other BB stores and their installation. they train their people very well. i would go to them before any local audio shop. BUT every store is different I suppose. Check it out first. My BB guy did a great job.

  6. #6
    Legend


    Enkeiavalanche's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....
    Posts
    5,319

    Default

    Nice set up... As for Best Buy and the way they train their installers... No Commit.. Sorry...I've been doing this for over 20 years and have seen some and repaired some very bad jobs.. True some of there shops will have 1 or 2 good installers but not for me..Most of the newer cars they won't even touch them.. Kits and Harness are just about gone from them the 12 volt dept is shinking fast...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

  7. #7
    Master Mechanic HawaiiKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    537
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 1flyfisher View Post
    Alpine Power Pack Amp
    I got this installed yesterday at Best Buy. Outstanding. My thanks to Hawaiikid for his recommendation. This little AMP is $119. They install in minutes and triple your power output. They plug right in. I have an Alpine ida-x303 which is a great unit but all headunits by themselves have minimal power. I have the Alpine 600 SPS speakers and this little amp really improves the sound and boosts power and loudness. Now the 600's really shine. I am 49 and listen to Classic Rock, Classical Music, Jazz and don't need a Sub or expensive amp setup as I am not into boom boom bass. This system is now perfect. I can cruise down the highway with the windows down and turn it up and it will play over any road noise. I highly recommend. Oh yeah they will work with any brand of headunit. If you don't need or want the hassle/expense of wiring up a standard amp this is the way to go. Crutchfield and Best Buy Reviews are like 4.8/5. Everybody loves it.

    Viper 350HV
    Another product I highly recommend. It sells for $199 at BB. I like the added security this unit offers me. I remote camp/flyfish and there can be vehicle breakins with ****bags stealing flyrods/camping gear/anything they can get their filthy hands on. A window gets broken and they open a door this alarm sounds. Exactly what I need.

    Best Buy installed both for me for FREE! Professional installation by this dude Mike who did my headunit and speakers a few months back. These guys are great they are EXPERTS at installation. I highly recommend. They have deals on installation when you buy headunits and speakers together or various products.
    Happy I could help...I love my Powerpack and my Viper 350, happy you like em too!

    2003 Silverado, SOLD 1/11/11 for my... 2001 Ford Mustang Bullit, #1787

  8. #8

    Default

    Well they get really high review scores on their installation 4.3/5 reviews by hundreds of satisfied customers and from my experience I have to second all the positive reviewers/reviews. The two guys I talked to at BB where much more knowledgeable than the local shops who I had no confidence in after talking to them and they trying to hussle me and sell me stuff I didn't want. I went to Audio nxpress and the people there I would not let get near my car. Lots of satisfied BB customers. The reviews and hundreds of satisfied customers don't lie. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Geek+Squ...ustomerreviews

    I know at BB they have to go through courses and testing. You go to a local shop you are rolling the dice way more than BB as to what you may end up getting. The guy there might have just walked in off the street. I also feel I have better recourse with BB than some local shop.

    Quote Originally Posted by Enkeiavalanche View Post
    Nice set up... As for Best Buy and the way they train their installers... No Commit.. Sorry...I've been doing this for over 20 years and have seen some and repaired some very bad jobs.. True some of there shops will have 1 or 2 good installers but not for me..Most of the newer cars they won't even touch them.. Kits and Harness are just about gone from them the 12 volt dept is shinking fast...


    ---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

    Yeah me too. Both are nice products. The Viper is nice for $199. The Power pack is plenty for me. It is loud enough and the sound is clearer. I have a question for you though. You have the power pack and another amp? Why both? What does the powerpack do differently than the MRP-M500? I am not an audiophile......

    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiKid View Post
    Happy I could help...I love my Powerpack and my Viper 350, happy you like em too!
    Last edited by 1flyfisher; 08-03-2010 at 06:58 PM.

  9. #9
    Master Mechanic HawaiiKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Honolulu, HI
    Posts
    537
    Blog Entries
    12

    Default

    flyfisher, I run the MRP-500 to the 2 Type-E subwoofers under the back seat...the powerpack just runs the 4 regular speakers.

    2003 Silverado, SOLD 1/11/11 for my... 2001 Ford Mustang Bullit, #1787

  10. #10

    Default

    Got it. I was wondering why you had both. Alpine rocks! I love my IDA-x303 and 600s speakers.


    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiKid View Post
    flyfisher, I run the MRP-500 to the 2 Type-E subwoofers under the back seat...the powerpack just runs the 4 regular speakers.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-10-2010, 02:50 AM
  2. Two 12 in Alpine Type R in 06 Ext Cab
    By agoodlax in forum Audio, Video & Gadget Tech
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-01-2009, 04:15 PM
  3. Alpine Overhead DVD Player
    By West.TX.08.Sierra in forum Audio, Video & Gadget Tech
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-01-2008, 12:28 AM
  4. viper alarm 5900 battery backup
    By TahoeFever in forum Audio, Video & Gadget Tech
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-18-2008, 03:39 PM
  5. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-30-2007, 05:38 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •