GM Truck Club
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1

    Default Tag or license light covers

    Guys, I lost one of my tag light covers on my '08. Anyone know where I can get another one or replace my factory black ones with chrome if I have to order the pair? Thanks.

    John - Georgia
    Tan '08 Silverado 1500 4.8L
    K&N drop in Air Filter
    17" Tahoe Wheels
    CherryBomb Vortex Muffler
    Bushwhacker Rail Caps

  2. #2


    i too would love to know this.. i have an 06 and was brushin out dirt leaves and debris from my bed... started sweepin the bumper up and hit that housing hard enough to break one of the clips.. it stays in place but is VERY wobbly..

    i would love to know how to remove the actual housing from the bumper bc its a lot harder than i thought when i started messing with the good intact one..

    black & tan- are there plenty of other NBS in your area? like work trucks? reach under the bumper and im thinking if you squeeze hard enough the clips will loosen and the housing should pop off...

    i am in no way condoning robbery of items from another vehicle, although it could be a cheap fix!!
    2006 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab LT (the real one)
    5.3L V8 2WD
    Tint so dark, you'll need more than a flashlight to see me.
    Flowmaster 40 Series 1-in 2-out
    Paintwork Galore (Stormtrooper)
    5000K HIDs
    1 12" Digital Designs Sub
    Audioque 1200D amp
    Hella LED Tails
    Future Mods:
    Airraid Intake & Throttle Body Spacer
    ?Gibson Headers?
    I need a chip!

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    East of Branson, Missouri
    Blog Entries


    I'm not sure what you are meaning but sounds like you are looking for one of the two license plate lights, right? Have a look here and see if this is what you are needing. You can match it up to the schematic and order it through part number and/or call them and tell them what it is exactly what you are needing.

    If it's ALMOST what you need, have a look around this site and I'm sure you can find it.


    Good luck on your search.

    Black&Tan, I apologize I didn't see your post earlier. Hopefully you will still get this information if you haven't already replaced the part(s) you were wanting.

    "The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

  4. #4


    autozone sells the chrome ones. i think they're like 6 bucks for one. they're in the "help" section of the store.

  5. #5


    Quote Originally Posted by Badbrad469 View Post
    autozone sells the chrome ones. i think they're like 6 bucks for one. they're in the "help" section of the store.
    Going by to check today. Thanks.

Similar Threads

  1. Black out tail light covers?
    By cliff08chevy in forum Chevy Truck Accessories
    Replies: 4
    Last: 06-21-2010, 09:41 AM
  2. Commercial Driver License
    By chevyjeffgordon in forum The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat
    Replies: 4
    Last: 01-07-2009, 08:55 PM
  3. hunting license?!?!
    By CarpenterGuy in forum Sports & Outdoors
    Replies: 8
    Last: 11-02-2008, 12:21 AM
  4. Brush Guard/Cargo Carrier.Tail light covers
    By DuaneinOmaha in forum General Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last: 04-21-2008, 08:38 AM
  5. License Plate Bracket
    By smainsw in forum Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)
    Replies: 0
    Last: 12-16-2007, 02:23 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts