GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Thread: upgrades

Default upgrades

Hey Everyone,

I just bought a 2010 Silverado 1500, I got the towing package and stupid me forgot to get the brake controller and of course the dealer didnt catch it either.. Does anyone know of a good brake gain controller I could get?

Also, I decided after the fact of course that I want bluetooth, is it an easy upgrade I could do myself or do I need a whole new radio unit?

Thanks for the help.

Legend
    Blog Entries

I believe you need a whole new radio... As to the brake controller, i am sure you have a good shop that installs towing parts, and sells them as well. I would honestly ask them since it seems that there are a ton of different makers of brake controlers.
    And If you want the "factory" look i would see if the dealer can install the controller as an option??
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

Thanks for the reply. Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. Its been a busy summer... Does GM have an official website for GM parts? I found a variety on google but all look to be third party. If not do you know of a good one to buy stock/original parts?

Quote Originally Posted by antoni-chevy View Post
    Thanks for the reply. Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. Its been a busy summer... Does GM have an official website for GM parts? I found a variety on google but all look to be third party. If not do you know of a good one to buy stock/original parts?
    Hey, man. Hopefully this will help you out.
    http://www.gmaccessorieszone.com/Che...009/Silverado/
    As far as Bluetooth goes, I think Antoni got it right. You're going to have to buy a new head unit (unless there is an after market adapter that I don't know about).

After doing some more research and taking to the parts dept at my dealer, i found out Im better off with an after market brake controller. As for the bluetooth, the dealer does have an add-on/module you can add to your existing radio, which looks like the the same thing as the post from the avalanche club forum. The dealer said it takes about 4 hours to install.