GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Have to go with Alan Jackson, hey I'm live in Alabama.

I'd have to go with classic rock, really what I'm saying is, I'd have to go with Rush!!

Default Music

Depending on what type of mood I'm in depends on the music I listen to. Typical road trip moods are anxious and bored, so I will throw in some red dirt music: Jason Boland and the Stragglers, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Casey Donahew Band. It's country will an old age southern rock to it.

I think on a trip like that the main thing is going to be to mix it up to the point that your musical interest is broadened by the time you get back. I can't see listening to just country and rock for 11 hours in a vehicle...after a while the songs start sounding the same.
    1999 Chevrolet Suburban LS K1500
    1991 Chevrolet S10 4.3L 4x4
    2005 Suzuki Forenza (GM/Daewoo)

Quote Originally Posted by qn74 View Post
    : Jason Boland and the Stragglers, Cross Canadian Ragweed, Casey Donahew Band. It's country will an old age southern rock to it.
    Nice choice, sir!

For me, if I'm falling asleep, I blast some Techno, Dubstep, or House. Otherwise, my iPod is all over the place. Country, Texas Country, Metal, Classic Rock, Orchestra, Folk, etc. I go on kicks. I was on a pretty big Country kick for a while but I got a bit burned out. Right now I'm kind of attached to Bon Iver, Coldwar Kids, Fleet Foxes, Death Cab for Cutie, Sufjan Stevens, etc. Modern folk I guess...

New ZAC BROWN BAND cd (You Get What You Give) is absolutley amazing,what a talented band.
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Legend

Blog Entries

All of the above***

I need to have music and if it's a long road trip, like I'm going to be gone a while, I'll fill up the ipod and have a few 4G flash drives. I have songs that repeat on all of them but one is more geared towards "angry music", "slow, soft", or "stay awake", etc.

If it's a short trip...few hours..there and back.. I have a few MP3 CDs that are filled with various stuff.

Metallica, barenaked ladies, lenny kravitz, ac/dc, joe walsh, jonny lang, bob&tom stuff, theory of a deadman, etc etc.
    Last edited by Springthing; 10-17-2010 at 11:29 AM.

Legend

Blog Entries

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	songs.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	11.9 KB 
ID:	21696

My music library has a few hours' worth of music to choose from..
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12