GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER

Hybrid View

Default Rollin' in nice and slow with my rumbly 350 1992 C1500 low-rider...

Hi everyone. I'm new here. I'm a 40 year old male, been into custom cars my whole life and decided to join up here to share my love for my latest ride...a 1992 GMC C1500. Let's see...a bit more about me...I work for a Fortune 500 company as a Graphic Department Manager and I also run my own side biz (tmooregraphics.com) doing automotive graphics...renderings, logos, T-shirt artwork, custom paint scheme design. over the past 19+ years in business, I've gotten to meet a lot of great people and design a lot of really cool things.

Now for the truck...I picked this baby up back in November and it's been a slow road to get her where she's at right now. I've got a ton more plans, just need money to get her there.

It was already lowered when I got her and she had black 20" Boss wheels (all of which were pitted and curb rashed and the tires all bald as my head. ). It's a decent truck...just needed a ton of TLC and lot's of maintenance when I first got her. She cost me a fortune just to get it to pass the safety inspection, but I love it and am enjoying fixing her up so far.

So far I've added new sport mirrors and the latest addition was the 15" Torq-Thrust D's. That took the last of my money so the smoothie front bumper, rear roll pan and other things I had planned will have to wait.

More than anything, I've spent countless hours polishing on her to get her looking a little more like new. I'm kind of a detailing/clean freak.

Anyway, here are the pics...hope you all like it...

And here's what she looked like the day I picked her up back in late november...

As you can see, these tires are pretty bad...

Interior "before" I cleaned it...

Interior "after" I cleaned it. Believe it or not, I removed the seat cover he had on there only to find that the seat was almost perfect!

Okay, there you have it. Comments and critiques are certainly welcome.

Welcome to the club. Sweet truck!

Legend
    Blog Entries

Welcome aboard, great looking truck.. I like the new rims, Torque thrusts have always been a favorite of mine!
    Mike

Currently

1997 Chevy S-10 Blazer 4X4 with 330K miles and counting (Hunting rig).

2009 Saturn Aura XE (wifes car)

2011 F-150 Crew 4X4

"Hold it to the floor till you see God.... Then Brake!!!!"

I would turn the air cleaner top back over and add the pipe from the air cleaner housing to the passenger side fender. Your just sucking all that hot engine heat into the engine.

Welcome to the club!,tastefully done truck
    [/SIGPIC]2009 Chevy Silverado LT 1500 EXT CAB 4X4 Vortec 4.8L SFI,K&N air filter,Weathertech Floor Liners ,Weathertech Stone/Bug Deflector, Line X Spray On Bedliner, TruXport Rollup Tonneau Cover, Molded Mudguards, Viper 5701 LE 2 way Security Alarm/Remote Starter, Xm Satelite Radio,BILSTEIN 5100 rear shocks,BILSTEIN 5100 front levelling shocks,READYLIFT 2" rear lift blocks,Goodyear Wrangler Territorys -265/70R 17"

Welcome to the GMTruckClub !

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

Welcome aboard, that is a sweet truck for a 92. You don't see em that clean anymore.