GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

PIAA aftermarket bulbs for your headlights run $60-80. I've been contemplating getting them. I don't know if it solves your problem entirely, but it may help. There are some threads on here about running HIDs and disabling the DRLs, but I wouldn't be the right guy to answer that question. Those PIAAs on the front of my truck are still unwired...soon though. I agree about not wanting to cut up a brand new truck. That's one of the reasons I haven't wired mine yet. Don't give up yet, someone on here can help you.

Ok, I'm sorry guys. I feel like an IDIOT for not thinking about this before. Someone PLEASE tell me if this will work or if its a bad idea.

From the factory, there is wiring from the dash, to the computers, computers to fuse box, and 12 volt power. Correct? The only "wiring" missing from the factory in a non fog light truck is from the fuse box to the bumper(the other side of the fuse if you will) and the oem switch to engage the circuit.

I have the ability to aquire(legally) a free tahoe/yukon/silverado/sierra/avalanche etc headlight switch with fog light button. Would it be possible to swap the headlight switch to add the fog button, run a power wire to the fuse box(like the GM kit), splice that wire to run both lamps, and hook the fogs to ground? That would work, right? No cutting or splicing of oem wires. Them id just bolt the hellas behind the grill. Even if I had to use the circuit to flip a relay and run 12v off the battery, it still wouldn't be damaging to the truck, and would be easily reversible.

Question is if this will work or if I am out of my darn mind, and what type off connector are those little metal spades that clip into the fuse box are so I can grab one of those.

All that bull, and the answer might be this simple...
    2010 Bowtie Silverado 1500 ECSB LT 5.3L AFM w/ flex fuel
    4x4 - NON Z71 - 3.08 final rear - 6spd auto - Towing pckg with tranny cooler, G80 etc
    Prev:
    96 Camaro RS-94 camaro t top-91 Firebird Formula-98 camaro z28-93 S10 Blazer 4.3HO 2wd-2000 Grand Prix GT-2003 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L CC LB 4x4 LT
    And some POS non GMs..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12