GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Jr. Apprentice

Default dealer work ~ 2008 Chevy Colorado

Have a 2008 Canyon, Crewcab, with the 3.7 I-5, 3.73 and auto tran. I'll be pulling a boat a couple of times a year and live in the south with 90+ temps. I bought a trans temp gauge and went to the GM dealer to get a price on putting this in for me. They won't do it since it is "aftermarket". Sothen I asked about getting the wiring harness (flat 4 wire) for the trailer. They didn't carry those, and they suggested going to a parts store. So I'm 0 for 2 at the dealer. Guess who won't be getting ANY service work from me. I'll go to AMCO and see if they can put in the temp gauge, and I'll have to go with the newer round 7pin/4pin connector for my wiring.
    So far I'm loving my truck, and it is getting 22-23 mpg in my everyday driving.
    Lew
    SW Georgia on the Alabama line

2008 GMC Canyon Crew Cab, I-5 2WD, Auto tran
    2004 Saturn Vue, 2L, 5spd.
    2005 Yamaha Majesty maxi scooter

US Coast Guard Auxiliary - America's Volunteer Lifesavers

So they tell you they can't install the aftermarket t/gauge, but then tell you to go to the auto parts store for a aftermarket wiring harness. Makes sense to me. LOL.

Your better off doing the work yourself, that way you get to bond with your truck and learn about her.

I asked about an "adapter" for wiring for a "flat" connector and got the same answer you did when I bought my new Colorado. As you say I won't go back unless it is "Warranty" work.

2010 Z/71 Colorado C/C
    Black 4X4 w/5.3L V8
    ===============
    2007 Winnebago Adventurer
    w/8.1L Chevy & Allison 6spd.
    Canyon Lake, Texas

I believe you could get a scan guage with the xgauge upragde and program it for the trans temp the programing should be avaibale on the scan gauge website. Here is a discussion on a nother forum talking about trans temps http://www.355nation.net/forum/engin...tml#post796727

Jr. Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by thethein11 View Post
    I believe you could get a scan guage with the xgauge upragde and program it for the trans temp the programing should be avaibale on the scan gauge website. Here is a discussion on a nother forum talking about trans temps http://www.355nation.net/forum/engin...tml#post796727
    Wound up getting the UltraGauge for $39.95. Easy to hook up...I just plugged it in and then identified all the gauges and set up the ones I want. Still playing around with this but am pleased so far.

i have a 2005 4-dr colorado i pull a pop up i have I-5 engine auto i went to auto zone they set me up with a plug in harness it plugs into wiring at rear of trk, ( brake tail and trn lights ) its 7 pin had to run a wire to brake switch to a brake control for electric brakes on trlr.i wired right off battery to brake controler, it works well with no problem. good luck i never go to dealer i purchased a repair manual i do not trust anyone to work on my colorado.