GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 Last Post byLast Post by

Quote Originally Posted by TritonBoulder47 View Post
    I'd go with GoodMark... That's what I have on my '03 Avalanche, and that's what I had on my '95 Tahoe... They are a GREAT hood with virtually no work for them to fit properly... Both hoods I got from them just bolted right up and dropped into place...

As for the difference, I can't tell ya cause I could only get one link to work... But usually a Cowl hood has the raised opening in the rear of the hood (the side closest to the sindshield) and a Ram-Air hood has the raised opening in the front of the hood... I've personally never heard the term "reverse cowl" before...

Triton....

Do they come painted your color code or did you have to get them painted?

GMTruckClub members receive discounts off our normal rates! PM me for quotes! Check out our Films gallery - updated with over 200 Hydro Dip films!

If it can be painted - it can be Hydro Dipped!

Get the Gorilla!

gorilladip.com

sales@gorilladip.com

Sr. Apprentice

If I remember correctly Goodmark hoods come prepped for paint but you'll actually have to get them painted.

Adam - Wherever the Navy puts me
    2007 Chevy Silverado Regular Cab
    22x10 KMC LO-FI w/ 305/40R22 Yokohama Avids
    Ground Force 2"/4" Lowering Kit
    Eagle Eye Projector "Halo" Headlights
    RECON smoked tail lights
    RECON smoked third brake light
    De-Lettered
    De-Molded
    5.3L V8 Flex Fuel
    Banks Power Ram-Air Intake
    TEA Stage 1.5 Heads
    Comp Cams 54-450-11
    Dynatech Full Length headers
    Dynatech Intermediate pipe with hi-flow cats
    2.5" Single-in, Dual-out Magnaflow muffler
    296 rwhp
    306 ft-lb torque

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

They do not come painted.. They have a lite primer on them thats it.. Many people from the Chevy Avalanche and Silverado SS Clubs remember me for the Group Buys I did.. Maybe if we can get more people here into them we can do one here.. But I'm talking about 15 members min For a Great price...
    08 Z71 Avalanche Mods to date: K&N CAI,Hellwig Swaybars and End Links, Corsa Sport Exhaust, Superchips Programer,IPCW LOF & 3rd brake light and tails, AMI Gas door,Show Hooks and Door locks, Enkei Wheels, with Pirelli tires, StreetScene Bowties, Grant Steering wheel,Muth signal mirrors,SSBC Big Brake kit,Huskyliner Mug gards,Floor mats and Hood shield, McGard Lug nuts and locks, Bedrug, Cervini's Ram Air hood,35watt HID Fog lights, Sylvania bulbs all around ZXE's Highs and Lows, WhiteNight Back up lights,Sirius and HD Radio, SnugTop sitting on deck now Got a Softopper on now,Tempress Boat Hatches.... New Bilstein shocks are on... New Mods coming soon..... X

The page I found the GoodMark hood on was asking $219, but I'm not sure on the shipping cost. So if with a group buy they will be cheaper than $219, sign me up.
    2003 Silverado 2500HD 6.0L Vortec V8
    2" Body Lift
    3" Suspension Lift
    Skyjacker Hydro 7000 Shocks
    Skyjacker Steering Stabilizer
    35" Tires with 20" American Racing Rims
    Velocity Cold Air Intake
    Billet Throttle Body Spacer
    BBK Performance Headers
    MBRP Cat-Back Exhaust System
    DiabloSport Predator- Soon to be tuned by Diablew

"Soon to be leveling-kit"

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbomber View Post
    Attachment 19567Here is a pic of the cowl hood for the NBS silverados that dealers sell.I plan on getting one.They have one on a truck at my dealer and it looks absolutely sick.
    Thats sick. Definitely going to pick up a hood like that when I sell my 06 for a 07+
    Bagged 06 Silverado Crew Cab.

Master Mechanic TritonBoulder47's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sstoner911 View Post
    Triton....

Do they come painted your color code or did you have to get them painted?
    You have to get them painted... They come in black primer...

Tim a.k.a. Da' Boulder

2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Z71 - Custom Emergency Response POV

Firefighter, Fire Policeman, Ambulance Driver, Rescue Tech, Emergency Lighting Installer

Tint, 20's, Bull Bar, Intake, Exhaust, Billet Grill, Stereo, Custom Console, Emergency Equipment, and the list goes on...

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbomber View Post
    Attachment 19567Here is a pic of the cowl hood for the NBS silverados that dealers sell.I plan on getting one.They have one on a truck at my dealer and it looks absolutely sick.
    I couldn't get your link to work can you send it to me or repost would love to see this I have been loooking but can't come up with one for my 2011 I did come across this one but it for 2007 / 2008 witch should be the same (http://http://www.reflexxion.com/rfx...cts/702610.JPG ) I really like the good mark have had a couple of them like the ideal of the GM staped into the buttom of the hood next to the striker make it worth more in my book I'm a beliver in OEM branded stuff
    Moak

2011 Silverado Crew LT
    4x4 5.3 auto Steel Green
    riding on 20s

2000 Polaris sportsmen 500

Master Mechanic

They look sick, i changed my thinking from a ram air hold to a cowl hood. Can't beat their price
    Objects in mirror are losing

2003 Chevy Silverado Z71, 5.3L, K&N 57 series, 2.5'' Flowmaster Super 10 series dual exhaust , Corvette Servo, McNew Automotive Dyno tune, SS gauge cluster, Extang Trifecta Tonneau, Pacesetter shorty headers, Goodmark cowl hood, Sony Xplod speakers, Kenwood DDX-470 exhaust tips, 16" Ultra Badlands polished wheels, Pirelli Scorpion ATR .

I'd go with the Goodmark grill. They use original GM bottom hood framing with there hoods. I like the size that TritonBoulder47, not to big. Some cowl induction hoods look like they have a tumor.
    :cool:

2005 Chevy Silverado Z71 Crew Cab
    6" Skyjacker lift w/Edlebrock dual front remote resoviour shocks, single rear remote. Rancho skid-plate.
    17" x 9" M/T Classic Lock Wheels, 35" BFG A/T or M/T tires
    4.10 PercisionGears w/factory locker, T/A Performance rear-end cover
    Banks CAI intake, ported throttlebody, JBA coated headers, over-sized Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow cat back exhaust, Diablo tuned
    B&M aluminum deep transmission pan
    Warn brush guard w/Warn 9.5 XP winch, PIAA bulbs, Line-X bedliner, AWS Black tool chest, Extang tonneau cover
    Weather Tech floor mats
    Cover-Craft seat covers
    Dash mat cover
    Formula One window tint
    One black Lab in rear seat.
    :glasses:

Legend

Piermont,NY, back in Northern NJ now, But may be in IL soon....

I will see what I can do Goodmark has changed alot since I worked there and I did the group buy.. I sold over 200 hood in 1 year so I had the best price..
    But things have changed...