GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
    Sr. Mechanic

Default turbo installers wanted

i am really liking the idea of a burban with a TURBO. So with some help from a drag racer friend of mine i think i am gonna remote mount a turbo. Planning on using a turbo from a diesel truck, it will be oil cooled and spool much quicker than a cars. figured i put about 500 into parts plus the turbo.

i know this is a stretch but has anybody done this before remote mount or not and if so how much boost did you run and what was the results, i am thinking of 5 to 10 lbs of boost should give me about 100hp.

i know what yor thinking "why a turbo and remote what" but i just couldnt do another supercharger and anyway turbos sound better. I am gonna remote mount the turbo at the end of my Y pipe so i dont trash the $700 bks worth of headers i just put on and run the pipes back to the intake. im not looking to do this anytime soon as my daughter has just graduated for college and my sons k10 is almost ready to hit the road. hoping for next summer to ge started.

Any ideas or comments would be great. thanks

91 Suburban

D44/14BFF w/Disc conv - Yukon 4:88's - Yukon Grizzly Lockers F/R -13" lift - DIY4x Shackle Flip - 37 ATZ on 18 MT Classics - Doug Thorley headers - Magnaflow - Holley Pro Jection Intake - Ultimate TBI mods - Hydroboost Brake Conversion - Hysteer-X Over Conversion.

(Coming up - Fuel Injected 383 Stroker - Divorced NP205 - D60 - 40" tires)

Legend

Blog Entries

Hey, kburb,

Have a quick look at Hinson Super Cars. I don't know that they'd be able to able to help you but it might be a good start if you strike out here.

Look at . It's a *little* newer than your burb but....cool.
    Steven

"The Sarge"
    1999 Chevy Suburban LT- K2500
    7.4 454 Vortec, 4WD
    305/70/16 on Eagle Alloy

That Burb is bas a$$ !
    "You underestimate my willingness to resort to violence to resolve this conflict" :fighting0037:

2006 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD LT
    (8" Fabtech Suspension Lift, 3" Performance Accessories Body Lift, 37x13.50 Toyo MT's, 20" KMC Rockstar, K&N FIPK, Edelbrock Headers, Edelbrock Extreme Travel Shocks with Reservoir, MagnaFlow Dual Exhaust, Black Bear Performance Tune)

Nice burb. My first thought is good plan But.... I couldn't help noticing that that might be a off road veeehikle and all that extra intake tubing (I assume you will mount it below and back) and the thought of a tube blowing off at high load maybe bogging or water crossing will put your'e intake below the mud/water line Just a thought

99 tahoe 2 dr. 4x4 7.4 4L80-e NP246, SAS, dana 60 hp, sterling 10.5 rear, gibson headers, and alot of tricks of the trade !!!!!!IF YOU'RE NOT CHEATING YOUR NOT TRYING!!!!!!!!

Sr. Mechanic

yea i thougth of that also but the burb is more of a mall crawler, i have a 80 k10 fro the dirty work.

91 Suburban

D44/14BFF w/Disc conv - Yukon 4:88's - Yukon Grizzly Lockers F/R -13" lift - DIY4x Shackle Flip - 37 ATZ on 18 MT Classics - Doug Thorley headers - Magnaflow - Holley Pro Jection Intake - Ultimate TBI mods - Hydroboost Brake Conversion - Hysteer-X Over Conversion.

Then give er hell, I have spent countless hours on builds just to do them for the sake of accomplishment knowing that it would be different the next time. So dont fall in love with the headers (there are F%&king nice though) And remember BIG BLOCKS don't leave home without one

99 tahoe 2 dr. 4x4 7.4 4L80-e NP246, SAS, dana 60 hp, sterling 10.5 rear, gibson headers, and alot of tricks of the trade !!!!!!IF YOU'RE NOT CHEATING YOUR NOT TRYING!!!!!!!!

Check out NelsonPerformance.com

Sr. Mechanic

yea i actually thought of putting a 6.0 from a new a truck but did not want to deal with the drive by wire gas peddle. i am gonna aquire some parts over the winter and start next spring, i will post some pics on the build as soon as i can figure out how to post more than 10

---------- Post added at 01:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:15 PM ----------

Azdrtdog - love the tahoe, how hard was the SAS?

91 Suburban