GM Truck Club
THE PREMIER CHEVY TRUCK & SUV FORUM
Founded in 2004 ~ We're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV Forum.
Silverado & Sierra | Tahoe & Yukon | Suburban & Yukon XL | SUV & CROSSOVER
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: $4 Gasoline?

Time to take the Suburban off the road, sell it, trade it, whatever. One more trip with it, and I'll have to consider, unless gas prices rescind again.
    My Grand Prix has become very appealing lately, and I find Myself using it more frequently.
    "I Hate When That Happens!"

There's another way convert it to run on propane.
    Peter Smet
    Haasdonk, Belgium

Blog Entries

It makes me appreciate my Duramax more everyday since diesel fuel is 2.89-3.09 a gallon in Washington compared to 3.29-3.49 for regular unleaded.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

It doesn’t matter what the price of gas is we will still drive the Suburban, we have to. It’s the farm work truck, it doesn’t matter what we get for mileage or what the price of gas is, we need to drive it to get feed,(can’t fit many bags of 88 lb bags of feed in the Fiero.

I don’t like it, the price going up, and up, and up.

But this is the life we have chosen to lead and to live the way we do we have to have the big vehicles.

We don’t have payments on anything we drive so that helps. We pay cash when we buy vehicles.

Technology is great, when it Works,
    And one Big Pain in the Ass When it Doesnít.
    Detroit Iron Rules, All the Rest are Just Toys.
    94 GMC Burban, 5.7L (350), 4X4, Auto
    86 GMC Burban, 350, 2 WD, Auto
    79 GMC pickup plow truck, 400, Full time 4X4, Auto
    86 Pontiac Fiero SE, 2.8L, Auto, only mid engine American car
    See a Pattern yet?

15 year GM assembly line worker.

Ditto on the cash payola for My vehicles. Have not had vehicle payments for a bunch of years, but I cannot see giving away my pension to the oil barrons.

I can make it right now, on one 4 wheeler, and My motorcycle for pleasure. Matter of fact, My bicycle does more daily miles than My MC.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyc0 View Post
    Ditto on the cash payola for My vehicles. Have not had vehicle payments for a bunch of years, but I cannot see giving away my pension to the oil barrons.

I can make it right now, on one 4 wheeler, and My motorcycle for pleasure. Matter of fact, My bicycle does more daily miles than My MC.
    Many of us that own these behemoths, own them because they are the only thing capable of doing the jobs that we ask of them.

We do have a golf cart that we can use for most small scale jobs on the farm.

Our full size Ford (Forgive me) Vans we use for picking up hay, (30 square bales at a time, rain or shine).

But hauling the horse trailer is a Burb job. I have never driven anything that hauls better, has the power for the job, has the weight needed to handle the trailer towing without worrying about being pulled around by the trailer. Try doing that with a four wheeler.

I donít mind the bad mileage, I just hate the gas prices, I know we are getting gouged at the pumps but what are we going to do?

I have been thinking of converting to alcohol, and brewing it myself though. She's old enough to drink, 13.
    Last edited by 84fiero123; 05-14-2007 at 06:22 AM.

Technology is great, when it Works,
    And one Big Pain in the Ass When it Doesnít.
    Detroit Iron Rules, All the Rest are Just Toys.
    94 GMC Burban, 5.7L (350), 4X4, Auto
    86 GMC Burban, 350, 2 WD, Auto
    79 GMC pickup plow truck, 400, Full time 4X4, Auto
    86 Pontiac Fiero SE, 2.8L, Auto, only mid engine American car
    See a Pattern yet?

15 year GM assembly line worker.

Originally from an agricultural area for decades, and being directly involved with the heavy duty transportation industry, I viewed a mass of black clouds headed Our way during the last 8 years.

Fuel costs continued to plague My employer, and the price of raising vineyards began to escalate too. More and more vineyards were leaving the crops and collecting insurance, sometimes due to low sugar content, but also the cost to harvest and transport the crop became staggering. Ditto, on the citrus crop here in Florida.

The Wine industry is also under attack from low cost importers all over the world. Africa, Austrailia, South America for instance.
    It seems that Bob Dylan's song.....Union Sundown has become much more of a reality since the 25 years (or so) passing, when recorded.

Personally, I'd love to see some technological break-thru for the farming community that would take the US/Canada out of the Oil Barrons wallet.

Legend

If/when the prices hit $4.00/gal I'll probably keep doing what we've been doing. If it hit's $5.00, I'll probably look into the century or Impco propane conversion kits.
    Patrick
    Rhode Island

I've got gas on my mind today.

Steve
    10 Chevy Traverse LT AWD
    02 Chevy Trailblazer LS (110K+ miles - loaded except for 4WD - WRECKED!)
    99 Chevy Cavalier LS (105K+ miles - commuter car)
    78 Chevy Suburban Silverado (454, 3/4 ton)
    62 GMC 3/4 ton Pickup (350 police interceptor)

Remember: Search Before Posting | Fill out Your Profile & Signature
    Follow Us Please: facebook.com/gmtruckclub | twitter.com/gmtruckclub
    Support GMTC: Help the site, contribute today

Blog Entries

I guess I needed an update from my earlier post. I bought diesel a few days ago for $3.99 a gallon. I will be using gasbuddy.com more often now to find the cheapest fuel in town.
    Darcy
    Washington State
    2006 Silverado 2500HD LT3 4X4 CC SB Duramax LBZ
    Tuff Country 6" lift, 35" Toyo M/T's on 20" Ultra Peacemaker wheels, Quadzilla Stealth2 programmer, Diamond Eye 5" cat-back exhaust, factory Special order color Yellow.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12